• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    This morning I had to go to the hardware store to pick up a few odds and ends, and the only one that's local to me is an Ace Hardware. I was walking around doing my shopping and a display case on the customer service counter caught my eye. It was full of Microtech OTF auto knives and a few German lever lock autos. Never thought I'd see those in a hardware store.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I miss our local ACE hardware nearly every day. They were only 2 minutes from our house. Now I miss them even more.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I miss real hardware stores. I get tired of walking 40 acres of mass market home center stuff to try to find some hardware. The old hardware stores specialized in different items, and usually had good quality. It seems like all the mass merchadisers have the same lower grade red chinese crap at a price that should buy quality.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Good reason to check out my Ace Hardware. Thanks!

I must say I haven't had a "Pleasant Surprise" since I woke up with my girlfriend on top. :):

Unfortunately I married her which put a stop to all that nonsense....:(

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You think those are cool to see in an Ace Hardware, I remember the days when I would go to the local Ace to look at their latest firearms for sale.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Ace is a retailer owned cooperative, so it will probably vary from store to store. That's pretty cool though. The one here in Bloomington mostly stocks Case XX, granted they have a huge variety if your into them.

And I agree indykid, one of my favorite long guns as a kid (Stevens 22lr / 410 over under) was purchased from the hardware store in my little home town of Spencer.

Top Bottom