• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Don't call people you disagree with a bunch of D*cks , I learned that here. :D

If we disagree, you have permission to call me a Richard Noggin. I am many things and have heard far worse and been perfectly fine through it all. Matter of fact, if you want to call me a Richard Noggin for absolutely no reason, that is ok too. :)

I ACTUALLY READ THE FAQ! :ingo:

So did I but that was just because I was trying to find anything I could to help me avoid writing a paper. I don't know what they say but I read them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    We have an Introductions and Greetings Forum?

Porbly near the FAQ :D

Seriously though, i new next to jack about guns a year ago when i signed up, and havent had any problems with members talking trash to me because of my lack of knowledge. For the most part, people here are patient and well mannered, and i thank yall for runnin this site and keeping it worth checking.

:yesway::ingo:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm nice to newbs. A low post count and recent account initiation are not quality indicators of their level of knowledge and skill.

I reserve my scorn and disdain for those who have been around to illustrate, beyond a shadow of doubt, their true level of foolhardy, self-important, incompetence.

Indicators include:

"Everyone else is doing it wrong."
    Stating their opinion as fact.
    Ending statements of opinion with period. Not the mark of punctuation but the word. Period.
    Taking themselves too seriously.
    Composing "mean, cruel world butthurt swan-song" posts.

Wait... that's my doctoral nuclear engineer FIL. Well, everything but the swan song. ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I was CCWing with my permit the other day and somehow my clip fell out.

attachment.php

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    A big part of what makes INGO so great has been how comfortable newbies are when they first sign up.

That wasn't the case at all when I signed up for INGO. This forum greeted me with a demonstration of cla$$ as your other thread put it, first few months were miserable when j came here to search for IN specific info; I much preferred other national gun forums for a long time. Yet here I am, not having been treated with newb gloves and I hang out on INGO just fine.

And no I did not forget the purple.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Never thought I could have this much fun without the chicken suit, wesson oil and shower curtain. Wait a minute, thought this was abuse Papascout thread. Disregard.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Great post Evan! +1 you personally made it a great place to visit when I first started here. and we all to often forget we were Noobs once our selfs!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Never thought I could have this much fun without the chicken suit, wesson oil and shower curtain. Wait a minute, thought this was abuse Papascout thread. Disregard.

You're getting confusing. This is the Please be nice to the INGO noobs thread. You thought it was the Abuse Papascout thread, but then you go and talk about the Disregard thread.

:pMAKE UP YOUR MIND! :p

:hehe:

Blessings,
    Bill

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I say start handing out infractions to anyone who mentions a noob's postcount or the "quality" of their first posts and any wisecracks along the lines of "nice post, only 43 more until you get to the classifieds"

I personally don't care most of the time if they post a question without searching too awful hard. Things change daily and unless it was just discussed in the last month, it's always good to post current info.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I agree! The newbie bashing really seems to be getting out of hand lately. The worst I see is when several members pile on.
    It really is a shame because INGO is by far the best forum I have ever been a part of. The thing I have always liked best about INGO compared to other forums is that it has always felt more like a community than anything.
    I have referred many people to this site and several of them never stayed because of the unwelcome feeling they received. Call them skin skinned or whatnot, but I don't blame some of the people that choose to leave if on their first or second visit they get piled on by several members for an honest mistake or for asking the same ol question.
    I have seen many responses that have been rude and some that are just plain disrespectful. Many of the newb mistakes to me are not that big of a deal and nothing compared to some of questions shop owners get on a daily basis, but if several of us were in the shop we would not all ban together and trash that person to their face and run them out of the store. Respectfully correct them and help them learn. Like already stated by several posts before, we were all new once. My :twocents:

Top Bottom