• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matt4shadow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Hobart
    I just sold this weapon: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...20753-bushmaster-xm15-e2-upgraded-extras.html

As you can tell my confidence is through the roof on reliability. I sold this via armslist to; from what I could tell, a very trustworthy person. I asked him to contact me after he fired it. He did, and stated that there where several malfunctions ie. ftf, fte, casing stuck in chamber.

I was completely shocked!

The weapon was short stroking once I reassembled the new parts. I remedied this by installing a different buffer tube spring (already replaced the gas tube while I was making all the changes). I ran hundreds of rounds through it with no problems.

I have not fired it in about eight months. I remember oiling it down a few times during that time.

I do remember the last time I fired it was with steel case herters and using my .22lr conversion.

I don't remember cleaning after I used it last. It would be highly uncharacteristic of me not to have. So much that I didn't give it a through check before I sold it (my mistake,face palming myself over and over).

I am guessing that the dirty ammo, .22lr, and maybe the fact that it wasn't cleaned well may have built up some fouling/carbon causing all these problems.

Does this sound right? I am meeting him tomorrow to try to make this right.
    This is the first time a weapon I sold was messed up. He said he will not ask for his money back (of course with my confidence I already spent it on bills), but is very disappointed. I don't want him to sell this to someone else with this problem.

Sorry for all the run on sentences. Any help would be appreicated

Last edited:

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Try non flammable break cleaner! But after you do that lube it very good And also use a lil extra oil closed to where you sprayed it to avoid rust.

jimmythang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Have him bring the ammo. Don't ask him if they are reloads beforehand but ask it when you meet up.
    Bring a caliper and 223 specs

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    For what it's worth, I have had nothing but trouble using Tula or Wolf polymer coated ammo in any of my ARs as well as my Norinco 84S and Romanian SAR-3. The stuff is poorly loaded and causes exactly the problems he stated, with many cases stuck in the chamber.

If he is using both brass and polymer coated steel, make sure the chamber is clean of any polymer gunk.

If only brass used, agree with the above about cleaning the gas system.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    For what it's worth, I have had nothing but trouble using Tula or Wolf polymer coated ammo in any of my ARs as well as my Norinco 84S and Romanian SAR-3.

I primarily shoot Tula, never (seriously never) had a single issue. Brass is too much $$$$ - Stag Arms M-1

Its actually really cool that the op followed up on the sale and helped fix it. Since all sales are as is, most would have taken the cash and left. Kudos.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    I primarily shoot Tula, never (seriously never) had a single issue. Brass is too much $$$$ - Stag Arms M-1

Its actually really cool that the op followed up on the sale and helped fix it. Since all sales are as is, most would have taken the cash and left. Kudos.

^^This. Good work OP. Repped.

Top Bottom