• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    We have friends that have a baby in Riley's right now being tested. They took him to the doctor because he stopped breathing and they brought him back. When he came to he had a seizure. They life flight end him to Riley's. I guess the Doctor reported it to child services because I guess they thought the parents hurt him. Since then they have placed the other child with the grandmother. Now they r being questioned at the hospital by police and child services while their baby is struggling. Doesn't sound right to me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Prayers and best wishes for the kid.

I hope whatever is the right thing works out best for all, especially the child.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I feel safe in saying there is more to the story than what the OP has posted or knows. Doctors, especially doctors at Riley Children's Hospital, would not be suspecting child abuse for no reason. They deal with infants and children all of the time (as do other Dr's) and would not just call CPS for something to do or for no reason.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I feel safe in saying there is more to the story than what the OP has posted or knows. Doctors, especially doctors at Riley Children's Hospital, would not be suspecting child abuse for no reason. They deal with infants and children all of the time (as do other Dr's) and would not just call CPS for something to do or for no reason.

That's sort of my fear but I hope I'm wrong.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    It started in a hospital near Hartford City. Life flight to Riley's. Mgderf I think u r right but I guess I'm confused at jumping conclusions with these parents. Imagine talking a baby to hospital because u don't know what's happening then next thing u know u r being questioned not focused on your baby

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    It started in a hospital near Hartford City. Life flight to Riley's. Mgderf I think u r right but I guess I'm confused at jumping conclusions with these parents. Imagine talking a baby to hospital because u don't know what's happening then next thing u know u r being questioned not focused on your baby

The doctors are focused on the baby and will do anything in their power to treat it successfully. If they see telltale signs of abuse it is their resposibility to report it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They are focused on the baby. That's why questions are probably being asked. You pretty much have to be trying to hurt a kid to seriously injure a kid like that. Kids are so resilient, it's a miracle of life. People who hurt kids on purpose deserve to be hanged from the neck until dead.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I still call BS this sounds extreme. They don't even know what's wrong yet.
    If they didn't hurt their kid then it will all work out. I'd be pissed too if I know I didn't hurt my child and someone was accusing me of doing it, but in the mean time id just be focused on getting my child better.

Ill go go ahead and insert my advice when dealing with any govt authority. Don't answer questions until you have a lawyer. Even If your a scum bag you deserve that much. But even innocent people should keep their mouths shut.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    They are focused on the baby. That's why questions are probably being asked. You pretty much have to be trying to hurt a kid to seriously injure a kid like that. Kids are so resilient, it's a miracle of life. People who hurt kids on purpose deserve to be hanged from the neck until dead.

I know now I have 2 girls I've learned kids r not made of glass. That's why I think it's extreme for them to have to endure this while they have no clue what's wrong with their baby. These r great parents I have no doubt they didn't hurt their child. Just a crap thing a doctors jumps conclusions like this.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No one knows what happened, but a kid was possibly abused and possibly to the point of death. There is no way another child can remain in that same environment until it's figured out. Whether parents did something or not, the child became quite traumatically Ill in the environment setup for it. If it was obvious, people would be arrested now. Clearly this will take some time to sort out.

it could have been a babysitter, or just a kid falling down. Who knows, but you don't allow others to live in a potentially unsafe home.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    No one knows what happened, but a kid was abused and possibly to the point of death. There is no way another child can remain in that same environment until it's figured out. Whether parents did something or not, the child became quite traumatically Ill in the environment setup for it. If it was obvious, people would be arrested now. Clearly this will take some time to sort out.

it could have been a babysitter, or just a kid falling down. Who knows, but you don't allow others to live in a potentially unsafe home.

ABUSED HOW WOULD U KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    ABUSED HOW WOULD U KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!

I edited it to "possibly" prior to your post.

what was your point in posting this thread? Everyone without a personal relationship to the parents will side with those concerned with the well being of the kid. When you know the parents, you will overlook a lot and react on emotion.

Are you hoping Kirk will post the case of Mary Poppins vs Indiana where parents got their kids back before an investigation was complete in a stereotypical injury pattern for child abuse of a sibling? You are emotionally connected here and it's affecting reason. Support the parents, pray for the kid, but let the system work.

shanksinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    A member of my ex's family had this happen, kid fell off a chair and got a concussion. They took him to the hospital and child services were called, who placed their other child with grandparents. It was all worked out within a day...they didn't hurt the kid, he just fell, but there had to be an investigation.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    If the healthcare peeps do nothing, everyone cries foul. If they report suspected or potential abuse, then everyone cries foul.

I am almost positive there would have to be more than one piece of evidence to corroborate possible abuse. Either this baby has fractures, old evidence of fractures, or old infarcts...something is amiss for the docs to call CPS. It also may be SOP to keep liability off of an amazing hospital that tries to help tons of kids in need!

Top Bottom