Please help this Hoosier Veteran and his Family as he Battles Kidney Disease.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules here...

Someone very near and dear to my heart has fallen ill and needs financial assistance to make it through this illness. I know the great people of INGO are giving and generous. I have posted his back story and a link to the Go Fund Me page. I can assure you this money will help a Hoosier family in their time of need. Thank You for your consideration and contributions.
    HelpDadWithKidneyDiseasePayBills by Floyd S. Coon Jr. - GoFundMe

My name is Floyd S. Coon Jr. I am 57 yrs. old. I'm proud to be a hard worker who has two children and a wife at home. *We believe in the old fashioned lifestyle of mom being the rock at home and dad earning a living. My wife home schools our kids. I am the sole provider for our family. *

We've always had a simple, nice little life raising six kids and enjoying them marrying and having babies of their own. The two we have left are 16 and 13 y.o. girls.
    I have worked for many years at a local nursing home running the housekeeping, laundry and maintenance departments.*
    I am also a member of the Indiana National Guard. I was deployed to F.O.B. Salerno, Afghanistan during 2010. I've been in the military in regular Army or Guards since I was 18.*

We actively attend a great church and have strong faith in God. I work hard to provide a nice home and raise a family and don't usually have much left over after paying bills every other week. *My wife and I have a lot to be thankful for but we don't have a lot of fancy stuff.
    I have always been healthy and strong.*

When I failed an annual physical test in early November with the National Guards I was shocked. I had never failed one of those. I just couldn't do it this time.

I was rushed to the hospital by my work place on November 22, 2014 with symptoms such as swelling of hands, feet, legs, belly and face and shortness of breath. After many tests including a biopsy of my left kidney, the results show that I have a kidney disease known as IgA Nephropathy as well as Minimal Change Disorder.

My body is not giving my muscles the protein and I am not*producing albumin (the substance that distributes water through my veins). This makes me very weak and swollen but water pills can't be used to take the excess fluid off my tissue.
    I am off work for about 3 months.*
    The nephrologist (kidney dr.) thinks we can put it in remission in that time. *If he's wrong, he said it can take up to 6 months. My short term disability will start in two weeks. I will only get 60% of my normal pay. *If we go without 40% of our income for that long our family will be in serious financial stress.
    A person I went to school with told my wife about GoFundMe. We've had a lot of people offer support through this time. This site is set up to help you share an extra $5 you might have to help me keep the house payments and light bills paid until I kick this disease.*

Any little bit of help you may be able to share would help me keep my head above water and not have to face more hard times than I already have now. *I know it's the holidays and times are hard for people but if you have an extra $5 or $10 to help me provide for my family I am very grateful for your generosity.

Sincerely,
    Floyd S. Coon Jr.

Top Bottom