Please keep it holstered when open carrying.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Everyone knows I work in the firearm section at Rural King. We always have those that open carry their firearm, which I have no problems with because I do it myself. But come on people, please keep it holstered when your in public. There is no need to pull it out and show and tell. We can all see it from where its at. Nothing gets me going more than some idiot taking his gun out of the holster and showing someone and then handing the gun to them without taking the magazine out and ejecting the chambered one. Customers are there to look at the new guns, not your own piece. Have some common sense, thank you.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    TJ, I salute you for having the stomach to put up with such stupidity, and I hope you have the fortitude to ban such idiots from your store before they hurt/kill you or someone else. If the store corporate directors frown on employees banning idiots, I hope you make it clear to them the alternative.

Sad that you or anyone else has had to post the obvious, but we know better.

Ban them and give them a tongue lashing that will stick with them for awhile (hopefully). I have no problem calling an idiot an idiot.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I have to bite my tongue LEaSH. I love my job but I do it in a nice way. I tell them nicely that we don't care if you open carry but you have to keep it holstered. No problems yet but there are those idiots that will retaliate. I just haven't met them yet.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Everyone knows I work in the firearm section at Rural King. We always have those that open carry their firearm, which I have no problems with because I do it myself. But come on people, please keep it holstered when your in public. There is no need to pull it out and show and tell. We can all see it from where its at. Nothing gets me going more than some idiot taking his gun out of the holster and showing someone and then handing the gun to them without taking the magazine out and ejecting the chambered one. Customers are there to look at the new guns, not your own piece. Have some common sense, thank you.
    :facepalm: That guy appears to be a negligent discharge waiting to happen.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

You know. I understand your frustration. But I don't like these threads on this forum which seem to indicate that it's INGO members that's doing the unholstering, or whatever is the complaint of the day. Good job for schooling us, you told us! We sure deserve to be talked to like that. I guess.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Holy cow!

I don't think I'd be wishing for them to be doing any sort of manipulations of a loaded gun, however. :laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You know. I understand your frustration. But I don't like these threads on this forum which seem to indicate that it's INGO members that's doing the unholstering, or whatever is the complaint of the day. Good job for schooling us, you told us! We sure deserve to be talked to like that. I guess.

I didn't take it that way. :dunno:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    What the OP said came off as a public venting of what happened as if this is what he wanted to say to the guy IMO. It doesn't hurt us to be reminded of things like this and I'm there may be someone browsing this forum to learn more about carrying and what not to do.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm just not sure how or why this thread is directed at open carriers. :scratch:

Perhaps I'm missing something. Is it OK for concealed carriers to unholster theirs and play show and tell?

Does it really matter how it was carried prior to coonfingering it in public?

:dunno:

BACKLASH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    ECI
    there used to be a jackwagon that came into my LGS that had a P22 with a can on it. thats all he would carry and had to get it out without clearimg it and show it off. Idiot. got to the point that anytime he walked in we walked out. Store owner didnt like the guy either......

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Amen. I can't find a picture of it, but I saw a sign once that was posted near the entrance of a Restraunt that said " Thank you for bringing your legally carried sidearm with you today. Please leave it holstered until it is needed - at which time judicious marksmanship is appreciated! ". Seems the OP should see about getting something made along those lines for his store?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm just not sure how or why this thread is directed at open carriers. :scratch:

Perhaps I'm missing something. Is it OK for concealed carriers to unholster theirs and play show and tell?

I think the OC people get more questions about their sidearm than the CC people because people can easily see it and "ooo what do you have there? It looks like a XXX" "yeah, it's a whatever cal. XXX, here let me show you"

The people who CC don't get the stupid questions and therefore don't have the stupid actions and answers to go with it.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

We all know what open carriers are like.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Originally Posted by ATM I'm just not sure how or why this thread is directed at open carriers.
    scratchhead.gif

I think the OP's point was that by definition of CC, CC-ers would not display their weapon.

Top Bottom