Please keep it holstered when open carrying.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    NHE-17708_300.gif

Found this HERE
    Then post this one just under it.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Rep coming your way Lone hoosier. That was awesome.
    It's an oldie but goodie.

Just for for the record I'm one if those open carriers. I have never had a OCer unholster their sidearm but I have had two CCers pull out their sidearms to show me what their are carrying with out me ever asking about their sidearm. They both just walked up to me and started asking question about my sidearm and the they both pulled up the shirts and then pulled out their gun.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It's an oldie but goodie.

Just for for the record I'm one if those open carriers. I have never had a OCer unholster their sidearm but I have had two CCers pull out their sidearms to show me what their are carrying with out me ever asking about their sidearm. They both just walked up to me and started asking question about my sidearm and the they both pulled up the shirts and then pulled out their gun.

I OC as well when my job permits but I don't feel the need to convert people that don't, like some OC's do. I wear a helmet when I ride my motorcycle. I was in MI and and some guy saw me putting on my helmet and said "Hey man you don't have to wear that anymore" I politely told him "I know I don't but it is my head and my choice" The guy felt it was his duty to convert me to a non helmet wearer.

It is the same with the OC CC issue. The OP never said a word about OC vs CC. He simply stated that on more than one occasion someone open carrying has pulled their weapon for show and tell. It was probably due to the fact that someone saw it and started asking questions.

Defending something unnecessarily just shows that the person is over sensitive. It just gets old. People can carry however they want but just be responsible.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I OC as well when my job permits but I don't feel the need to convert people that don't, like some OC's do. I wear a helmet when I ride my motorcycle. I was in MI and and some guy saw me putting on my helmet and said "Hey man you don't have to wear that anymore" I politely told him "I know I don't but it is my head and my choice" The guy felt it was his duty to convert me to a non helmet wearer.

It is the same with the OC CC issue. The OP never said a word about OC vs CC. He simply stated that on more than one occasion someone open carrying has pulled their weapon for show and tell. It was probably due to the fact that someone saw it and started asking questions.

Defending something unnecessarily just shows that the person is over sensitive. It just gets old. People can carry however they want but just be responsible.
    That comment was not directed at you, I was just sharing my experance with people pulling out their sidearms in public.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Exactly Gluemanz. If the guy was ccing then I would of said it but the guy wasn't. Regardless of ocing or ccing you just dont unholster it and give it to someone without taking the magazine out and clearing the chamber. This thread is not about oc vs cc. Its about common sense.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Exactly Gluemanz. If the guy was ccing then I would of said it but the guy wasn't. Regardless of ocing or ccing you just dont unholster it and give it to someone without taking the magazine out and clearing the chamber. This thread is not about oc vs cc. Its about common sense.

I would suggest not unholstering period. Loading and unloading is dangerous enough for seasoned responsible gun handlers, let alone the naive ones.
    Bagged or cased guns can come out of the package on the counter, under the supervision of the staff.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Please keep it holstered when open carrying.

Everyone knows I work in the firearm section at Rural King. We always have those that open carry their firearm, which I have no problems with because I do it myself. But come on people, please keep it holstered when your in public. There is no need to pull it out and show and tell. We can all see it from where its at. Nothing gets me going more than some idiot taking his gun out of the holster and showing someone and then handing the gun to them without taking the magazine out and ejecting the chambered one. Customers are there to look at the new guns, not your own piece. Have some common sense, thank you.

I have to bite my tongue LEaSH. I love my job but I do it in a nice way. I tell them nicely that we don't care if you open carry but you have to keep it holstered. No problems yet but there are those idiots that will retaliate. I just haven't met them yet.

OK. If you say so.:rolleyes:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Nobody said it was only OC's. I carry both ways and have respect for people to carry anyway they want. Why do you feel the need to defend OC for no reason?

See the OP title. It infers open carriers have a tendency to draw and show their firearm that CC'ers don't. Why shouldn't one keep their firearm holstered when CC'ing? Open carry doesn't need to be defended.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I see nowhere in his post where he said ONLY, JUST or anything that said OC's ONLY PERIOD!!!!! He was referencing what he has seen only. Get over the everybody is hating me because I open carry.

You might want to look up the term "inferential comprehension". Here, I'll do it for you: Inferential comprehension: Comprehension that involves using reasoning- drawing conclusions about the relationships between or among bits of information that are not explicitly stated. It requires relating background knowledge to what is read or applying knowledge about text structure to aid comprehension.

It's a critical thinking skill.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom