Please pray for my wife and unborn baby.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My daughter was born three weeks early, wasn't in the NICU but ended up in the Pediatrics unit at six days old in an incubator for three nights. She was a lazy eater, mostly due to do being born three weeks early. At 8.5 months old and 17 pounds, you wouldn't have ever known she was under five pounds at a week old and a lazy eater. You will be the same way, the first times they smile at you, you will always remember that.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    when my girls were born (twins) they weighed 4.12 and 4.4 ounces, they stayed in the nicu for 5 and 7 days, the hardest thing I ever did (to that point in my life) was leave the hospital with my wife,while the girls stayed, I cried like a little baby! all the way down the elevator, to the car, ride home.

on day 5 holly (4.12 oz girl) came home, I cried again....heather (4.4 oz) was alone in the hospital, I called twice a day, and visited at least once a day (one time I woke up at 1.30 am, got dressed and drove to be with her, hold her, feed her, after seven days in the nicu heather came home!

I hated the nicu almost as much as I hate riley hospital!!!!!....not what they do, nicu's and riley are the best! I hate that kids have to need places like that.

your son will be home soon enough! I know it's hard, but get your sleep now, cause after he gets home, sleep will be hard!

4 ounces each? That's the smallest babies I've heard of. So glad things turned around for you.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    My youngest son was born at 27 weeks, weighed 2lbs 4oz in 1987. Born in IUPUI and transferred to Riley. Spent 13 week in the hospital. He now stands at 6'2" about 240lbs. No problems.

Congratulations to you and the Mrs.

Last edited:

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    Just an update. Baby is keeping us busy! Mostly from my other 3 constantly messing with him and making him angry! He got to the point where he wasn't eating or staying awake so they did a transfusion. He caught some suet of virus from it and got a rash over his whole body, but didn't really have any issues other than constantly vomiting which made him dehydrated. All that has passed and he is doing well and is pretty alert. Yesterday was his actual due date and he is about 7 and a half pounds now. He may need 1 more transfusion but his body is producing red blood cells pretty well so maybe not. Again and again I thank everyone the prayers and support. It really helped me with the stress of all of this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just an update. Baby is keeping us busy! Mostly from my other 3 constantly messing with him and making him angry! He got to the point where he wasn't eating or staying awake so they did a transfusion. He caught some suet of virus from it and got a rash over his whole body, but didn't really have any issues other than constantly vomiting which made him dehydrated. All that has passed and he is doing well and is pretty alert. Yesterday was his actual due date and he is about 7 and a half pounds now. He may need 1 more transfusion but his body is producing red blood cells pretty well so maybe not. Again and again I thank everyone the prayers and support. It really helped me with the stress of all of this.

There is power in prayer.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thank you for the update. It sounds like you have had a bit of a stressful time. Prayers continue for you and your family. I am glad to hear he is doing better!!

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

Thanks for the update! Continuing the prayers!

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    Baby had a blood draw at the end of last week and everything is looking good! He is starting to make his own red blood cells now so that's good! They were worried if they transfused it would shut down RBC production and cause him to have more transfusions. Looks like we may get by with just the one! He is much more alert and awake now and growing well

Top Bottom