• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The Senate is trying to be sneaky and politicize the Michigan school shooting and pass the HR8 by means of "live universal consent". It was put on hold yesterday thank God but it will happen again today. Please call 202-224-3121 to be put in contact with our senators and tell them to not support HR8 and not to support the live universal consent. This is bad because if this goes through they will use this same way to pass all the other bills being held up by the filibuster. Please help and call.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What is "live universal consent"?

What's your source on this, I don't see any movement on HR8 or S529 on the House or Senate website and haven't seen any notice from NRA-ILA sources or the media.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The live universal consent is their ability to take a vote with the senate that are physically in the room. Will get a link, give me a sec.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

For anyone else who, like me, needed clarity on unanimous consent.
    Thank you for clearing it up. I'm usually not found in the political threads but thought I'd atleast get it out there and have the more gifted political minded chime in validate it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

For anyone else who, like me, needed clarity on unanimous consent.

I know what unanimous consent is, I just wasn't sure if that's what he was talking about with "live universal consent."

For unanimous consent to work it actually has to be literally unanimous. As long as one senator objects it doesn't work.

Has the Senate rules. I'm certainly no expert, but it looks like they have to be by agreement.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Sounds like Grassly from Iowa struck it down, cant believe the actual lows the left is going to for their agenda.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Sounds like Grassly from Iowa struck it down, cant believe the actual lows the left is going to for their agenda.

Usually there is at least one Republican sitting in the chamber in case the Dems try something sneaky like that. Glad they didn't get away with it! Do you have a link?

Top Bottom