• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I love my 5906. It's all American. I love it's forty ounces of cold stainless steel and I love the way it feels in my hand. It's visually appealing and it has a brand new barrel in it so it should be a little better for accuracy than most other 5906s out there.

But I can't get that curvy Italian hotty out of head. The Beretta 92FS.

It has the same capacity as my 5906, same caliber, more accesories, easily found parts, and I can hit the slide release a tad easier on it. I was thinking aloud while my 5906 was in the other room, I was thinking about leaving it for the Italian but me and my 5906 get along so well and she's never given me problems. But the 92FS...wood grips look beautiful on it and magazines are dirt cheap. The only weakness is the locking block but that's ok.

So Ingo, should I leave my 5906 and run into the sunset with the Italian? How is a good way to tell the American we're through?

**this post is pointless. If I get a 92FS it won't be funded by selling the 5906 :D

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    That is a tough call. The 5906 is great, but so is the 92FS. I'm in agreement with most, that both would be great, but personally, I'd vote the 92FS. I love mine and it is one that will never go.

Oh, and just for S&G, I own two .40's, one is a USPc that has the .357Sig barrel in it, and my other .40 IS a 10mm :D

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Im kinda fond of the 92FS, but the frame mounted safety on the Taurus is a bit more familiar to me, so I went with a Brazillian over an Itallian. Either way, its no reason to ditch the Smith, it wont mind waiting around on you to shoot it again.

Top Bottom