• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Streak I actualy agree with part of your above post (amazingly). But I can't tell you which part because it's against the rules to discuss :):

however er I don't believe this was a mistake. This is the blind loyalty the Kenyan is demanding now from his generals. No more leaks! Or else!!

This loyalty is no different than any other loyalty from any other administration. Loyalty itself is NOT the issue. I'm loyal to my friends, but it doesn't mean I'd let them make a mistake. Loyalty != poor ethics/morals.

As far as the leak

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not...I used a commonly seen example. It may have to do with religion, but it's more indicative of my point and not a direction I'm trying to take a topic. It is intentional and you're wrong about him not being a politician. EVERYONE who is on the leadership side of politics IS a politician. He's a politician in his own right same as any Senator albeit with less power or influence, but a politician nonetheless.

Real-life is the descriptor I chose for what happens after the cameras turn off, the media goes home, and the actual work is performed.

I would encourage to refrain from using this kind of "commonly seen example" in the future. I'll leave it at that.

We can disagree concerning who is and is not a politician. It's inferred by the appointment the man would be loyal to the President. We may differ how loyalty is expressed and in this case I would have trouble believing this man could not be blinded by his sense of loyalty to the President. I'm not saying this is an absolute, but just an opinion.

On the other hand, I will take my own advice and look at it from the other side. If he is a politician, what did he or the administration gain by his open display of loyalty? What was the message and to whom was it sent? Do you agree with Trigger that it was a message to his appointees (military and civilian) to buck up and get in line?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This loyalty is no different than any other loyalty from any other administration. Loyalty itself is NOT the issue. I'm loyal to my friends, but it doesn't mean I'd let them make a mistake. Loyalty != poor ethics/morals.

As far as the leak

What does making a mistake have to do with this? You are twisting the subject into something it's not. It's about appearance and nothing more. Either he's a boot-licking crony or we are all looking too deep into the whole thing and are totally wrong. If confirmed only time will tell.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For him to make that comment out of the blue, it made me think that it had been a topic of conversation before the appearance. So I assume the POTUS had commented that he hoped he remained loyal to him. But at least there isn't some bowing component being required.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    It's a speech. I hear Republicans all the time talking about God and Christianity and then they go home and screw random women (Democrats do it too, but then again they don't see to hold the Christian religion is so high of "esteem"). The point is that what one does and says on TV is hardly indicative of what happens in real life. Most likely this was just another speech by just another politician. As I seem to recall, Bush (and other Presidents) have made mistakes in speeches.

I consider all sides, but I don't need to accept them all. I think it's just all political posturing and showboating. The Dems are riding a high because they curb stomped the Republicans last week.

Wrong characterization. The republicans lost the will to fight for the good of the country. The dems could take the high ground if they had given a little, but we know better and I am a democrat who the party left a LONG TIME ago.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Have you ever had a friend? Were you not loyal to your friend? How about your wife/family? Are you loyal to her/them? Would you allow said person(s) to make a mistake without at least advising them that they're making a mistake? All of you talk about loyalty as if it's a bad thing. As if loyalty means you'll allow bad things to happen and yet many of you have families and wives. Did you not pledge loyalty? Would you allow your spouse to commit a horrible crime and say nothing?

He may be a yes man, but don't confuse not having ethics with loyalty. These are two different things.

The problem is when your loyalty is to Barack Hussein Obama it is in direct contradiction to loyalty to the united states and its constitution AS ESTABLISEHD by our founders.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    66 million is not a majority, it is just more than the other douche got.

Also with no voter qualifications losers are sure to vote for who keeps the hand outs coming. Look up the youtube video for the obamaphone and someone needs to take care of my 15 kids "ladies" and remember these "people" vote. IN the case of the 15 kids lady I really believe since her entire existence is paid for by the taxpayer because of bad choices and laziness she should not be able to vote. Our founders never intended for people to vote that did not have something to lose if you vote the wrong way and I am sure most of us don't consider losing benefits stolen from taxpayers like food stamps for those 15 "children" something to lose as it was not hers anyway.

Hell a judge someplace has ruled ebt users can unionize to insure they keep their stuff....WTF
    Government is a Joke - Federal Judge Rules Food Stamp Recipients Can Unionize

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I'm not...I used a commonly seen example. It may have to do with religion, but it's more indicative of my point and not a direction I'm trying to take a topic. It is intentional and you're wrong about him not being a politician. EVERYONE who is on the leadership side of politics IS a politician. He's a politician in his own right same as any Senator albeit with less power or influence, but a politician nonetheless.

Real-life is the descriptor I chose for what happens after the cameras turn off, the media goes home, and the actual work is performed.

I think he was saying this guys not really a politician because he didnt have to get himself elected to this position. and the question is, Is he loyal to the security of our homeland, or to Barack? which side would he take if barack wanted him to approve something that many might see as not in the best interest of america or americans..

Top Bottom