• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Many shooters are like this guns because because rather than simply punching holes in paper targets, you can usually see a result when plinking.

I'm sorry, I don't think getting what you're saying.
    I printed off a chart that tells you what your shot placements mean? Like when you shoot down to the left or up to the right, etc, is this what you mean?

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    -I don't know if this really applies, but I did get my hands on a pellet/BB gun today. Only it is a rifle styled BB/pellet gun. :) I am happy that I get something to borrow though! :yesway:
    -Yeah I know what you mean! I've seen the PX4 storm pellet guns on Amazon.com
    -I was actually looking at the conversion kits for several different models! What I found though was that the conversion kits cost almost as much as a new gun, right?
    -My mom tried the m&p22 and she liked it. She found it accurate and I don't think she'd mind picking one up. I got to hold one, but I am not sure if it was the right fit for me :n00b: btw she was almost dead on accurate with the m&p9c!

-I have been wearing both muffs and plugs together and I'm still flinchy :( I find that I stop flinching as much once I've been in the range for about 15 minutes.

strokin7.3
    I can see that you like the Smith and Wessons :): And I'll definitely take you up on that offer sometime, Thanks!

LoriW
    I have heard that the Sig mosquitoes get jams frequently? Then again I've only been reading reviews..

actaeon277
    Thank you, I see many threads of people showing love for the M&P's and the Springfield XD's :): Those would be my top 2 choices for a striker fired pistols (I've held them, just not fired yet)
    btw, I love your avatar :D

I have other things than just m&ps, I just like to keep some commonality between pistols.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Although I don't own one, I too, would recommend a S&W M&P 22. That is one gun that I intend to acquire as soon as I can (probably from PSS or Bradis). I have a Ruger Mk II 5 1/2" bullbarrel that is my most accurate handgun that you would be welcome to shoot. How about a revolver? I have a High Standard Sentinel, also in .22, that is quite fun to shoot. 4" barrel, target sights, and a 9 shot cylinder make it a favorite also.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Of my 5 daughters 1 had the same experience and finally after many visits to the range she gained confidence. I like the .380 middle of the road and gives you the full experience when you start out. Take your time, I start by teaching them how to load 1 round at a time and it helps build mechanical memory. You load and reload many times over until you are ready to add more rounds. By no means is this a substitute for actual hand gun training that comes next.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Although I don't own one, I too, would recommend a S&W M&P 22. That is one gun that I intend to acquire as soon as I can (probably from PSS or Bradis). I have a Ruger Mk II 5 1/2" bullbarrel that is my most accurate handgun that you would be welcome to shoot. How about a revolver? I have a High Standard Sentinel, also in .22, that is quite fun to shoot. 4" barrel, target sights, and a 9 shot cylinder make it a favorite also.

I might like a revolver, but I think a semi auto would help me since I plan on carrying one eventually. One of my relatives is willing to let me borrow some .22 revolvers when I get my license, which was today!!!!
    :yesway::D I should clarify, borrow them for range shooting, not carrying

Of my 5 daughters 1 had the same experience and finally after many visits to the range she gained confidence. I like the .380 middle of the road and gives you the full experience when you start out. Take your time, I start by teaching them how to load 1 round at a time and it helps build mechanical memory. You load and reload many times over until you are ready to add more rounds. By no means is this a substitute for actual hand gun training that comes next.

On new guns I try not to load too many. I've watched many youtube vids of girls with 50 cal guns knocking themselves in the head.. I've also seen a video with a girl loading 1 round at a time because she was trying out a new .44 mag. I read in the comments that it is a good thing to do.

Last edited:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

Sounds a little like the "Barney Fife Method". :yesway:

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    LoriW
    I have heard that the Sig mosquitoes get jams frequently? Then again I've only been reading reviews..

If you don't run the right ammo through it, yes, it will jam. I only feed mine CCI Mini Mag and it ran flawlessly. I save my...cheaper...22LR for my 10/22

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If you don't run the right ammo through it, yes, it will jam. I only feed mine CCI Mini Mag and it ran flawlessly. I save my...cheaper...22LR for my 10/22

I'm looking for a gun that will eat whatever you feed it(or most). I think I might stick to the M&P22 or sr22. :dunno: Not sure yet though

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I'm looking for a gun that will eat whatever you feed it(or most). I think I might stick to the M&P22 or sr22. :dunno: Not sure yet though

Nothing wrong with either one of those. The M&P22 is a little bigger framed gun then the SR22. I would suggest getting your hands on them and seeing how they feel in your hand. I like the SR22 but a little bigger gun (the Mosquito in my case) feels better in my hands.

SizeComparison.jpg

Top left is an M&P9
    Top right is a 1911
    Bottom left is a SR22
    Bottom right is a Bersa 380

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana

Can't speak for the Smith but I had an SR22 and tried many different loads in it. Never found anything it wouldn't eat , and function 100% with. Remmy Thunderbolts and Winchester Wildcats included.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My GSG 1911, and my wife's buckmark both eat anything we have fed either of them. I know a few of the newer .22 autos have a rep for being picky. A friend has a Walther PK22, and is it VERY ammo sensitive. With .22 being as difficult to find as it is, I would look for something that isnt going to give you fits every time you try to shoot it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's already been said, but double up on ear pro if the report of other shooters makes you jump. And realize that it might be something that you just have to learn to deal with. I've been shooting for 15 years and still jump a mile when there's a particularly loud bolt gun or braked AR nearby. Oddly enough, when I sit down at the bench to shoot, I very rarely hear them. Except those nasty braked ARs. I hate those.

another vote for the SR22 as well. My 7y/o can handle it on his own. The Buckmark we had was fine when it worked. Then something went wonky and it will not function now. Despite multiple attempts to fix it. :dunno: I'm not a fan of the Ruger Mark X styles but they are also good firearms.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I might like a revolver, but I think a semi auto would help me since I plan on carrying one eventually. One of my relatives is willing to let me borrow some .22 revolvers when I get my license, which was today!!!!
    :yesway::D I should clarify, borrow them for range shooting, not carrying

On new guns I try not to load too many. I've watched many youtube vids of girls with 50 cal guns knocking themselves in the head.. I've also seen a video with a girl loading 1 round at a time because she was trying out a new .44 mag. I read in the comments that it is a good thing to do.

Congrats on the LTCH.
    Those videos **** me off. Start small. Work your way up.
    Only do what you are comfortable with.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I really appreciate the feedback!

I got some BB's and pellets for my air rifle. I know that I need to start off with. .22 because as I was getting ready to shoot, all that I could remember is the first time I had at the range. after a couple of times I had fun though. I even got some co2 to try out with it tomorrow (it does both pump and co2).

anyone familiar with the Daisy powerline 990? I use safety glasses when shooting btw.

Top Bottom