• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Glad it went well! We usually shut off the main valve, bled off pressure, added or repaired valve or pipe. Turn on, bled off a little, used some soap bubbles for leak testing. It is low pressure.

One time, after a shut down, a Baso Type control tried to kill me. The gas rolled out, whoofed, and removed me from the step ladder. I fell backwards, landed on a skid of meat packing foam trays. My eyelashes were gone, facial hair, all smelled burnt. They had to remove fragments from my eyes, bandaged up for 24hrs. Never put your face near the burners! Lucky to not been a crispy critter! I always lit pilots with an extendable tool after that. So, moral of the story is Yes, it is dangerous. Yes, be careful, Yes, not a really smart thing to test with open flame. Hey, do as you want, but falling backwards off of a good ladder taught me a lesson.
    Good luck

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This reminded me of the first time I saw someone install a gas line and he just pulled out his zippo, lit his cigarette and just ran his zippo down the line. Good news, no leaks!

A welder that was doing some work where I sold cars explained to me that he welded those 3 foot gas mains with gas in them.....oxygen being the enemy.

Top Bottom