• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I don't see how you you fix it effectively without removing. Probably easiest to cut each side re-dope and tighten the threaded fittings and then sweat in couplers.

For future reference, sweat-in or pex valves are pretty easy to find online.

jamin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Bluffton
    Not what you want to hear, but you’re going to have to cut the copper and do it again. Anything you try may work for a while, but will eventually fail. I had to run into town so I stopped by the shop for the picture. Double check your rough in valve. The great thing about Delta is they only make a couple rough in valves, but they are versatile. As you can see in the picture the rough in valve is threaded but it’s made for 1/2”copper. The copper fits in the ports and then you sweat it. If you have any questions let me know.

IMG_8061.jpeg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Not what you want to hear, but you’re going to have to cut the copper and do it again. Anything you try may work for a while, but will eventually fail. I had to run into town so I stopped by the shop for the picture. Double check your rough in valve. The great thing about Delta is they only make a couple rough in valves, but they are versatile. As you can see in the picture the rough in valve is threaded but it’s made for 1/2”copper. The copper fits in the ports and then you sweat it. If you have any questions let me know.

View attachment 307678
    I think mine does look like that. Hadn’t thought about it being able to take the half inch copper. Thanks!

Top Bottom