• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    It wasnt a change, but a new addition to replace a broken function of the site.

Users sending PM's that are new to the site, limit was 50, but it hadnt been working for a long time.

There were no changes made for attachments, at least none that i made.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    Your repeated insistence that the solution was right "there" in our usercp implies that we were the ones responsible for the problem. You don't have to say something in so many words for intent to be conveyed.

No, thats because you assume & translated what i posted into what you wanted it to be.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    You should have tried that 15 minutes ago before that option existed :laugh:

Well, your not even seeing but a few options that damn addon has lol, beside all wording in the phrases that dont make sense.

I dont even know what this means:

Setting to "Yes" will remove the auto quote from PM's you reply to.
    Setting to "No" will not remove the auto quote from PM's you reply to.

I assume this is the auto quote a PM when you reply to one, which vb does by default in a way.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It wasnt a change, but a new addition to replace a broken function of the site.

Users sending PM's that are new to the site, limit was 50, but it hadnt been working for a long time.

There were no changes made for attachments, at least none that i made.

No big deal...but I did use that function for quick picture inserts. Heres what you get now, when you click the insert photo icon in the Quick Reply. The only option now is to insert a URL. Before, there was another option to insert from your computer.

image_zps1c73b78a.jpg

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    No big deal...but I did use that function for quick picture inserts. Heres what you get now, when you click the insert photo icon in the Quick Reply. The only option now is to insert a URL. Before, there was another option to insert from your computer.

Works correctly for me & apparently bunny as well.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No one will get PM's now on quoted posts, regardless of the settings, i totally removed the functionality.
    Well, that explains why the third option isn't there anymore.

No, thats because you assume & translated what i posted into what you wanted it to be.
    I--we--wanted a simple answer/solution. You couldn't provide one because despite your insistence to the contrary, it wasn't there. Rather than just admit there was a screw up on your side of the screen, you kept (mis)directing us to completely worthless options. What am I supposed to believe you sent us on that wild goose chase for? There are only two options. You thought it was the solution and it wasn't (for which most people would have admitted their error), or you were just being rude and unhelpful on purpose knowing your responses weren't going to help.

It's fixed now. So there's no point in arguing over it. But this isn't the first time your responses have come across like we're shaking your pedestal a little too much.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor

I--we--wanted a simple answer/solution. You couldn't provide one because despite your insistence to the contrary, it wasn't there. Rather than just admit there was a screw up on your side of the screen, you kept (mis)directing us to completely worthless options. What am I supposed to believe you sent us on that wild goose chase for? There are only two options. You thought it was the solution and it wasn't (for which most people would have admitted their error), or you were just being rude and unhelpful on purpose knowing your responses weren't going to help.

It's fixed now. So there's no point in arguing over it. But this isn't the first time your responses have come across like we're shaking your pedestal a little too much.

No, once again your assuming & turning it into what you want it to be.

Your the only one arguing about it & making assumptions.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nope, its not working on my i5 either, but i did a few tests & disabled it, still didnt resolve the issue.

You're getting this when you click the insert photo icon or you're getting the previous one that would allow you to insert either?
    image_zps1c73b78a.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

She is right. The option wasn't there to begin with, yet we were being directed to parts of the User CP that would have obviously made no difference. We weren't the ones who claimed that the solution was found in the User CP, you were. :twocents:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No, once again your assuming & turning it into what you want it to be.

Your the only one arguing about it & making assumptions.
    So it was just an assumption that the dozen or so members here couldn't find the solution(s) you repeatedly pointed out, huh? That string of "it's not working," "I'm stilling getting notifications," and "I'm confused" posts are all just my imagination. Got it.

I know your solutions didn't work. You were either aware of this or you were not. Either way, you screwed the pooch.

Top Bottom