• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Bumping to mark sold serves no purpose. It takes it to the top so folks go look and see if the price is reduced, etc.

Just edit the original post to mark it sold and close the thread, that will not "bump" it to the top.

If it has been 24 hours and you want to bump it to the top because it is still for sale (the purpose of "bumping" an ad), then type whatever you want in a new post.

A new post to mark it sold serves no purpose and pushes everyone else's ad down for no reason.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...opic-comments-classified-ads.html#post1541311

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...you-must-read-before-posting.html#post1182068

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bumping to mark sold serves no purpose. It takes it to the top so folks go look and see if the price is reduced, etc.

Just edit the original post to mark it sold and close the thread, that will not "bump" it to the top.

If it has been 24 hours and you want to bump it to the top because it is still for sale (the purpose of "bumping" an ad), then type whatever you want in a new post.

A new post to mark it sold serves no purpose and pushes everyone else's ad down for no reason.

1. I get that now and will never make that mistake again. Period. :)
    2. In my way I was trying to be helpful b/c I have clicked on ads, just to find out they were already sold and I thought it might bring clarity to that issue: I was wrong and certainly never intended to needlessly get bumped to the top: duh! :wallbash:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I made it 750 for stored messages for site supporters, try that

Thank you SOOOO much! :ingo:

I'm always dancing around 10-15 messages left before the box is full. It's always difficult to decide which to keep and which to delete.

My PM conversations are important to me. They also provide a timeline reference for stuff done in the past and pending stuff to follow up on.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom