• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bselzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    i recently aquired a kahr pm40 and every time i fire the slide locks open. has anyone else had this problem with this model or is there just somthing wrong with this specific gun?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    First issue to trouble shoot:

Are you 100% positive that your thumb isn't hitting the slide stop when firing?

This isn't an uncommon malfunction...and it's exacerbated by firing "tiny" pistols.

This would be the first thing I'd check.

-J-

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    +1 to IndyGuy. Also, since the slide stop is the take down mechanism, are you sure you put it back properly? They CAN go in incorrectly, it is possible to put the stop on the wrong side of the spring.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    another +1 to indyguy. i would first check your grip and make sure you arent riding the slide stop with your thumb. pretty common with the smaller handguns. good luck, i hope it is something simple and you can get it worked out. keep us posted.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sure... You guys SAY +1... yet no Rep has made it my way. :laugh:

Also, OP: Does this happen when every single magazine, or just 1 or two in particular? (Or do you just have the 1?)

-J-

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Same thing happens to mine. It was fine when i first bought it and up for the first couple hundred rounds but then it started to have FTFs badly and now the slide locks back after every shot. I called kahr and they're supposed to be sending me a new slide stop spring. I guess it's pretty common becuase the guy knew what i was talking about right away. We'll see if it fixes anything when i get it.

Top Bottom