Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Magpul PMAG 30 rnd MagLevel

Priced at $30. Limit 3.

*********-Proof Magazines.

Dear Friend of the SKD Ninja Syndicate,

Be advised, that the item you long for is now but a mere click away.

Magpul 30 rnd MagLevel PMAG - Black

Due to the high volume of notification requests for certain items, we cannot guarantee this item will still be available by the time this notification is opened. If the item sells out by the time you have checked on this item, please sign up again for the back-in-stock email notification.

Thank you for your patience, and may all your tactical gear dreams come true.

Sincerely,
    Your friends at SKD

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well time to take them off my list of sites to buy from.

List Price: $15.95
    Our Price: $30.15

"Oh, but its for the NRA..."

Eff that, if I want to give money to the NRA I will. I pay my membership, and I will donate more if I feel the need.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well time to take them off my list of sites to buy from.

List Price: $15.95
    Our Price: $30.15

"Oh, but its for the NRA..."

Eff that, if I want to give money to the NRA I will. I pay my membership, and I will donate more if I feel the need.

SKD is a great company. I think you're missing the point of their current PMAG pricing. They aren't trying to force you to give money to the NRA, but to keep gougers from buying up all their $15 mags and selling them for a profit.

From their site:

SKDtac.com said:
    TO OUR LOYAL SKD CUSTOMERS: These mags will not be made available at our normal price so they can be flipped to take advantage of the current buying frenzy. Nor will we be profiteering off of this current panic like some vendors in our community. In order to make these mags "*******-PROOF", we will sell them at or near current market pricing, and donate the difference from our normal price to the the National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action. Last month we raised $8775 for the NRA-ILA to defend all of our rights to possess these mags. If you take issue with this move on our part, please do not write, email, or call to complain- we will not respond. Just take a deep breath, do a little yoga, and channel your energy into doing something productive.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Still lost my business. Don't really care what their reasoning is, and I personally don't believe a word of it. I'm sure its all profit. Just my 2c though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Still lost my business. Don't really care what their reasoning is, and I personally don't believe a word of it. I'm sure its all profit. Just my 2c though.

I don't think so. As others have said, SKD is a class act, and would not risk their customer base by not following through on their donation.

-Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne

I understand your skepticism, but my guess is that even if they showed you a check you would claim it was never sent.

I have had nothing by great deals, shipping, and hassle-free returns with them over the last few years.

They are my go-to place for the majority of my purchases.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    No...if I knew they were actually sending it I wouldn't be skeptical about it, I would however still be against it. I am however skeptical about their word. We have seen many online shops and brink and mortar stores that were supposedly "good" stores take full advantage of the panic buying. I actually feel like I'd rather support the big box stores (Walmart, Bass Pro, and Cabalea's) rather than most of these online stores, and even LGS's. The big box stores are the only ones that have stayed price consistent...always sold out, but consistent.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Big box stores are not the only ones sticking to there prices of pre panic prices. I have got great deals on mags and ammo from lots of different gun shops around fort wayne like pmags for 13 bucks (thanks ranger supply) and troy battle mags 3pk for 45 bucks (thanks wrigleys discount firearms and ammo)when everyone wants $90 plus so not every body is jacking there prices up.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    SKD is +100 in my book. This is the company that

a) was selling product at zero to negative profit to celebrate Bin Laden's death.

2) has some of the best CS in the business

B) has $5 flat shipping on most purchases

4) isn't taking money for orders they know they can't fill for months on end

I may not want to spend that kind of money for a pmag, but respect what they are trying to do. Anyone who's not too lazy to actually look around on their site will note that they are not marking up other items. In fact some of the best slings in the business were on 10% sale in Feb with 5% of their take going to NRA-ILA. PMAGs are a simply a political statement. If you don't want to pay that for a PMAG don't, but they will always be a place I look to give my business.

My :twocents::patriot:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    SKD is my first choice for gear. I've not seen one thing on their site that would even come close to being called "crap."

BTW, they have a picture of them giving the check to the NRA on their facebook page; over $8k in one week iirc.

Top Bottom