• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    Would love to hear any information consulting these fields. I have prior Army infantry training but no real combat experiance and have been interested in working in the private military/security fields. Have been thinkin about getting a degree in criminal justice as some sort of extra skills set or training. have read lots of different information but would love to hear from actual PMC's if possible. im 21 years old btw

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Would love to hear any information consulting these fields. I have prior Army infantry training but no real combat experiance and have been interested in working in the private military/security fields. Have been thinkin about getting a degree in criminal justice as some sort of extra skills set or training. have read lots of different information but would love to hear from actual PMC's if possible. im 21 years old btw

The Bad:
    The jobs are drying up most places. Now is not the best time to get into contracting from an entry level point of view. Most jobs want people who have BTDT.

The Good:
    If your still intrested, many people get their foot in the door working the Camp Bonsteel/Kosovo (believe ITT has the contract) and Kuwait (I think Triple Cannopy has this contract). These are mostly static, lower risk jobs so expect lower pay (think 50k). These jobs suck but they are probably your best way in w/o a tour.

Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    Thanks a lot. I was injured in airborne training and never could finish. Lost my RIP contract due to leg injuries and was no good for jumps. Since RANGER was no longer possible i only ever got mounted and light infantry training but never seen combat.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    these jobs are dwindling down with current combat operations slowing....and unfortunately, the training you don't have sort of cuts you out of the running for the positions you would want....also, having the spec-ops experience in the field will often give you good contacts to reach out to after service to get into such jobs as a "civilian"...just another hinderance for you.....

there are those who do similar work on a less sanctioned approach but it's not exactly an "industry" which advertises...and you will not likely find such an opportunity...and you would generally need to be familiar with the area you are going to operate in ( knowing the language, general information about the region, demographics, etc) things you would usually pick up from operations in the area on military duty

your unfortunate injuries have basically "disqualified" you from such jobs in a way....but not from completing a criminal justice degree and getting into private security...that would probably be your best route because it will be easier for you to get into and can pay more than law enforcement......I just wouldn't recommend going to get a criminal justice degree then law enforcement as it will have little to no bearing on your competiveness in getting on.....in which case I would recommend a degree in business management or even better, organizational leadership (if you're wondering about the difference between these, simply put "a manager does things right, while a leader does the right things") as a proper idea of ethics and leadership which it focuses on can elevate you within a department....but you better like/be good at politics too unfortunately

Top Bottom