• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ikky68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Hi All, newbie here (and I have been away for a while).

I just received a Kel Tec PMR-30 that I completely forgot about. I bought it early March last year.

Q1. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with this model?

Not really sure if I want to keep it. I haven't had the chance to take it to the range and put a few rounds through it. :(

Like I said, I forgot that I purchased it, and was totally surprised when I got a shipping notification.

I read through a few postings about the PMR-30 and it looks like it's close to 50-50 on the like-dislike ratio.

Thoughts and comments welcome...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, if it disappoints you that you have it, I reckon I could take it off your hands for proper disposal. Wouldn't want something dangerous like that to be a threat. I won't charge you much, just as a service to a fellow INGO member.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I read through a few postings about the PMR-30 and it looks like it's close to 50-50 on the like-dislike ratio.

Thoughts and comments welcome...

I've had mine for about 18 months and have fired about 750 rounds through it. Kel-Tech had some problems with the barrels on these. If you get key hole impacts when you fire it, just call Kel-Tech and they will send you a new barrel.

The .22 magnum is a rifle cartridge and it doesn't seem to burn the powder completely in a pistol. I get a lot of powder residue on the weapon and on my body when I shoot. The function is fine, I love the sights and it is light weight. The 30 round magazine capacity is a big plus.

That being said, I can shoot a 9mm cheaper than the PMR-30. It would be a great carry weapon for hunting/trapping or a survival situation.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I don't own one but I have shot a friends before and from my experience the gun was very picky on how you loaded the magazine. You have to follow kel-tecs loading instructions after that it was a nice shooting gun.

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    Great guns.Visit Keltecs site for new ammo suggestions.They recommend CCI 40 grn in the paperwork but have since changed it with new barrel designs and twist rates.Before shooting I would clean it well and lube all areas of the slide well.I found the higher power ballistic tip rounds shot well through mine.The more you shoot it the better it will function as these take a good amount of shooting to break in.Even if your gun comes with the old style fluted barrel and does not keyhole I would still call and tell them it does to just have an extra barrel.Sold mine to cover some financial aid my kid was denied back in October but I will own another.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I do not personally own one, but have shot a fellow INGOer's a few times and it is VERY fun!! Nice little fireball that thing kicks out :D

Some of the early ones were having issues with keyholing, but has since been taken care of.

I really want one, but just not sure if I really need another caliber to buy for. I still may end up getting one later this year.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I love mine.

I've had zero problems with mine and have put nearly 600 rounds through it. They are a lot of fun to shoot, pretty accurate and easy to break down and clean. The 30 round magazine is a pain to load until you get it broken in and accustomed to the right way to load. The recoil is minimum and the muzzle flash is an awesome show for bystanders. I bought it for a fun range toy and it has fit that bill nicely.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Likely recreational. I've been wanting to play with one but I can never find them in stock, anywhere.

Please post range results with some (if you can) pictures!

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    If you don't want it. I will gladly work a trade or purchase it from you. I sold mine to fund another project and I miss it. Really fun to shoot.

Top Bottom