• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    about a month ago i bought a pmr30 from a gunshop i work at(part time) paid 500.00 for it, i also bought 500 rounds of ammo (all different kinds)

got giddy as a school girl on prom nite!,but had to wait 2 week to shoot it!:xmad:

took it to the range the first day, i shot one box of winchester silver box (not sure what the weight) and it jammed 2 times. i wasent worried, after buying the ammo i looked up on line and everybody said not to use that ammo!

next box was a hornady varmit round, all 50 fired no jams, no problems...but it shot high and to the left! good group, but high and left!

where we were shooting is close to the gunshop between chandler and boonville. we stopped in (i'm looking for hornady critical defense in 22 mag) and i asked if they had any mags for the pmr30. they said no, we dont carry the pmr 30, its junk!...he said they still have tons of problems with them...i said i think they have worked out all the bugs...employee told me no in about ten years it'll fall apart, i said well it has a lifetime warranty, i'll send it back and have it fixed at no charge, his reply was its a ten year warranty(wow the owners guide said lifetime!) and they will have dropped it by then!,my reply was ok you have a nice day!:rolleyes:(so if any of you have a pmr 30 be prepared for your gun to give up the ghost after 10 years)

so i go hame and put it in the safe, as i am busy and didnt have time to clean it, so on friday the 12th i pulled it out to clean it, and noticed the front sight was about a 16th of a inch to the right! AH HA thats the problem!.

so last saturday i took it to work to see if we had a allen wrench that small...nope not one, so i go online and look, the screw that hold's the front sight is a .05 torx, its smaller that width of a grain of rice!, after the shop closed i went to sears, nope not in stock, they could order one but it was 18.00 and 3 weeks to get it!:xmad: they said try radio shack, so the next day i went to radio shack, menards, 2 gun shops,and three tool shops.

so as a latch ditch effort, i called keltec on monday the 15th, i was worried that they would want me to send it back, i talked to tim, and told him about the problem with the sight, he said that they would send out the wrench i need, i then said that i cant wait to carry that bad boy,i told him i think i paid too much, but i had to have it.he told me he talked to a guy who paid 1500 for one from gunbroker,then he told me about the only place that he knew of that made holsters for it. i gave him the name of two others and then we talked about the gun for a bit, then i asked about the price of the torx wrench, he said no charge!:rockwoot:

on saturday i got home and in the mail were two torx wrenches, one that needed and one other size i didnt.

i guess the customer service from keltec is always like that, i orderd 5 of the recoil buffers for it, and they came in the same time frame, and i got 1 free

so
    keltec pmr30:yesway:(after i adjust the sight)
    keltec customer service+1:yesway:
    gunshop between chandler and boonville-1:xmad:

ill post more after i get to shoot it more

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I've had mine for about a year now, mine has performed flawlessly!! A blast to shoot! I shoot the Hornady 30 gr. V-Max and never had a FTF. I know there are some that bad-mouth Keltec because they have had problems, but any brand of gun that you can mention someone will of had some problems with it. Enjoy your new pmr-30, I know I do mine!!

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    Would this be the same shop that just announced that they are expanding in the Eville area. They have a sales person that just as you said, likes to belittle certain gun Mfgs. Funny thing is they sell the very brands he likes to talk bad about. Maybe its a sales tactic to sell you up to a higher price. Anyway, I don't care much for these types of sales people( Gander MTN. you listening) and don't frequent this store like I used to.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Would this be the same shop that just announced that they are expanding in the Eville area. They have a sales person that just as you said, likes to belittle certain gun Mfgs. Funny thing is they sell the very brands he likes to talk bad about. Maybe its a sales tactic to sell you up to a higher price. Anyway, I don't care much for these types of sales people( Gander MTN. you listening) and don't frequent this store like I used to.

yes its "that" shop! I had a guy stop in and buy 100 rounds of 22 magnum, "that" shop told him good luck trying to find 22 mag anywhere, they were the only shop that had any, he said he was going to stop back in and tell them where he did buy it!(he told me he hate's that shop)

Sooooo....the gun shop you work at sold you the gun above retail?

yes! i pay the same as you would!,but another shop in evansville sold one for 750.00! and you should see what they sell for in the ingo classified's(or try to!) i admit i paid more than retail, but has anybody who bought one paid retail?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I had one, no jams of any kind. It does tell you in the owners manual to make sure all the rounds are seated in the mag.
    I sold mine because I could not hit anything with it and the sights are not adjustable.
    I paid $381 for mine, sold it for $550 with 4 boxes of ammo.

This was pre-panic of course.

Last edited:

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    Only problem I see with that unicorn gun is the cost.

For 1500 you could get a FN 5.7 or a .22TCM (even more powerful).

But the Kel-tec lifetime warranty is a really nice benefit.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Only problem I see with that unicorn gun is the cost.

For 1500 you could get a FN 5.7 or a .22TCM (even more powerful).

But the Kel-tec lifetime warranty is a really nice benefit.

the only problem i see with those is ammo! lol:): i've only seen the .22tcm onetime(whitakers in owensboro) and we have been out of 5.7x28 since november!

the only 5.7x28 we've had is 250 rounds that went with a fnp90 that was a consignment gun.

22 mag on the other hand i've seen it at 5 shops in my area, both target and varmit rounds

the day i bought the gun i walked out with the gun, 200 rounds of ammo, and i spent less than 575.00, the next day i went and bought another 200 rounds of ammo (at another shop) and spent 60.00.

id love a fn57! but like i read on another forum, the pmr30 is the poor mans fn57

Top Bottom