• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Preacherman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Central KY
    I purchased the Taurus and have fired several diff manufacturers rounds through it it doesnt like any hollow points (feeding probs) but just about any ball ammo functions ok. Its a descent little weapon it aint no sig but it didnt cost as much either.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I carry a S&W Bodyguard. I have enough rounds of enough different ammo through it that I trust it. I would like to have a SIG P238 or a Colt Mustang, as they line up very well with my primary carry guns, but after doing enough research on the Bodyguard and it's teething problems, I'm still comfortable that it is a good choice of a BUG.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    ...If you get much bigger (ex. Bersa Thunder 380), not only are you getting to the edge of the pocket gun envelope, but there's no reason at that point not to go with a small 9mm....other than felt recoil.

FIFY.

Some people just don't like shooting the "pocket 9s" because of the felt recoil. I love my LC9, but my wife can't stand shooting it. I had a CW9 for a very short time and she didn't like shooting that either. She carries a PK380 and loves it. She doesn't mind felt recoil in a full size. She "has" a SR1911 that she loves shooting and she really enjoys the FNX-9, but go to a subcompact 9 and she doesn't like them. If someone doesn't like shooting a particular handgun, then they will probably leave it in the safe at home rather than carry it with them.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    How much are those colt pocket lights going for? And who carries them? I haven't seen any, and the ones that are listed as out of stock are like $650, which seems a bit excessive for a pocket gun that's just going to get banged up. Especially when the sig p238 is practically the same gun (reliability and functionally) and can be had for around $500 brand new.

$600.00 out the door for mine. As for who carries them, you just have to keep checking. If you find a Sig for $500 you better buy it.

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I looked at the Bersa product line, Keltec and Ruger. Another Sig at the time was out of my budget. I chose the Ruger LCP because of how easy it was to carry without the bulk weight etc.
    However, with any pocket pistol, do internet research into modifications you can make in order to make you more proficient with using it. Most of the pocket guns are literally hand cannons with about the same recoil effect as you would get shooting a large wheel gun (357, 44 etc), IMO! Noteable exceptions may be some of the 22's and 25 acp's but even these kick like crazy do to their small size etc.
    In another thread I suggested to a new Ruger LCP owner to invest in a heavier recoil spring, grip extensions and a hogue grip package to help with grip and recoil and it made a night and day difference for me. :yesway:

Top Bottom