• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    I'm in the market a pistol that is easily concealable, accurate, and above all, fun to shoot, but I need help deciding. I'm looking for thin, single-stack 9mm and so far, I've looked at the Kahr CW9, PM9, CZ 2075 Rami, Walther PPS, Ruger LC9, Kel Tec PF9, P-11. Right now, I am pretty much confused- there are things I like about all of them- from price to trigger pull (I know that's a vague statement).

This is going to be my "go-to" pistol for everything- target practice, plinking, and CCW. The way I see it, if it's going to be my EDC pistol, I had better be proficient with it and if I enjoy shooting it, I will be more likely to practice.

I guess what I'm looking for are opinions on the list I have here or maybe something you think I should consider that isn't already on the list.

Thanks guys and gals!

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    There's the Taurus PT-709 also, myself and a lot of other members have it.
    Great small package that is really affordable and a hoot to shoot.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    well there is a [STRIKE]sccy cpx[/STRIKE] well how about a [STRIKE]jiminez ja9[/STRIKE] well then there is....the ruger lc9 or the taurus 709 as mentioned above...i've not had any problems with any ruger or taurus i've owned

the one thing is this it really depends on what fits you and your needs first and foremost...
    but if you are going to doing alot of shooting/plinking/practicing you may want to go with one that is built tough that can hold up...
    if it was me going for one or another i would go for the lc9 or 709...
    junt my two pennies though....

hope the thoughts we have shared in this thread helps you

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    Okay, I think I've narrowed it down to a few pistols..

1. Walther PPS- Great trigger, very nice pistol
    2. Kahr CW9 or Bersa BP9 (similar to Kahr)- size, build quality
    3. Kel Tec PF9- price, cheap mags

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    The P11 is too big for pocket carry. I had one, and now have a Diamondback DB9. The DB9 fits in a pocket MUCH better. The problem you are going to have with probably all except the Kahr is that they are going to be snappy to shoot and therefore won't be the most fun to shoot.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I really like my PF9. I can only speak for the one I have and it has been 100% reliable up to this point and the trigger isnt half bad. It is accurate and liike you stated it is cheap.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    The one on the left.

6513271159_26f6566bc9_z.jpg

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    a pistol that is easily concealable, accurate, and above all, fun to shoot,

This is going to be my "go-to" pistol for everything- target practice, plinking, and CCW. The way I see it, if it's going to be my EDC pistol, I had better be proficient with it and if I enjoy shooting it, I will be more likely to practice.

When you find that gun, let us all know. easily concealable, accurate and fun to shoot??? The more concealable, the less accurate. The more concealable, the less fun to shoot.

I currently carry a DB9 which is smaller than all the 9's you mentioned. The "specifications" don't tell the truth. In my albums is a pic of it next to some other guns. It is no fun to shoot but it is very concealable.

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    I love my LC9. Bought it just before Christmas and it works like a dream. It's accurate and fun. The price is also very attractive. Great gun IMHO.

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    Thanks to everyone who has helped out here. I think I'm going to go with the Kahr CW9. Through the Gun Genie, I found one for $408 OTD and think I'm gonna drop the hammer on it (pun intended).

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I agree with jb1911. Look hard at the Beretta Nano. Quality and price you can't go wrong. I can't believe how reliable mine has been and you can put lots of rounds downrange and it's comfortable to shoot. Not like any other pocket pistols or subcompacts I have or have had.

I think it's worth a long look...:twocents:

NanoLeftClose-up.jpg

It also carries like a dream too...

NanoinHighNoonleft.jpg

Top Bottom