• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Don't forget the metal-framed Kahr pistols too. I used to own a polymer one (PM9) and now use a metal one (MK40) for pocket carry. It's heavy, but that helps to reduce the felt recoil of the .40 round, and would probably shoot more comfortably in the 9mm version as well.

I'm on the verge of buying either a Kahr CM9 or a Ruger LC9 for lighter-weight pocket carry myself. The MK40 might be a bit heavy in summer shorts.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    I would say Kahr CW9 or CM9

CW9 better for accuracy and target shooting.

CM9 smaller and easier to conceal and carry.

Both Karhs are high quality with a great price.

Kel-tec not as high quality and less accuracy

Walther expensive and an EXTREMELY uncomfortable grip to hold IMHO.

Ruger LC9 is a great gun with a horrible trigger pull and from what I have read, a history of sights that come lose.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Thanks to everyone who has helped out here. I think I'm going to go with the Kahr CW9. Through the Gun Genie, I found one for $408 OTD and think I'm gonna drop the hammer on it (pun intended).

Really? Your pockets must be considerably bigger than mine. I would never classify the CW as a pocket 9.

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    Really? Your pockets must be considerably bigger than mine. I would never classify the CW as a pocket 9.

Back pocket. I have a cell phone and keys up front.

I actually purchased a CW9 through Gun Genie, so we'll see how it works out. I don't mind the size and for a good, general purpose pistol, I think this should work well. The biggest problems I had with my full size FNP were thickness and grip length. This is smaller in both dimensions..

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I have the Diamondback DB9 and it is GREAT for pocket carry and still fun to shoot. It does kick a little more then a regular 9mm, but that is expected with something so small.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    OP I don't know if you have decided yet or not but I own the PF9 and love the little sucker.

Its strengths are:

concealable

price, Out of all the guns mentioned I beleive this is the most inexpensive. Its not the highest quality, but the best bang for the buck.

accurate, How accurate are you looking for in a pocket gun. The PF9 is plenty accurate for a pocket gun.

Its weakness:

fun to shoot, No I can not compare it to the others listed but it is totally manageable. Fun to shoot - are my 1911's and my Jericho 941.

Bottom line the PF9 is not my primary carry weapon. It is my go to gun when conceal-ability is paramount and I just want to throw something in my pocket and run to the store or cut grass etc...

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a Kel-Tec PF9 that has been a great gun. Today I picked up a Kahr PM9. It is night and day in terms of fit and finish. Just a warning though, sub compact pistols are very snappy. They are not what I would call comfortable to shoot, and I have shot a lot of pistols, but they get the job done.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I know you already got the cw9 but I'll throw in my two cents anyway. I have a cm9 and love it. I say I you find the grip I too long for some carry situations with your cw9. Trade or sell it an get a cm9 with an extended 7rd mag. You can use the flush mount 6rd or extended 7rd for a full grip. I have both and love the versatility for cc. I'm a glock guy but you can't beat the thinness of the kahrs.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Yep, for pocket carry, if I was going with a Kahr, I would have gone with PM9 or CM9. CW is just too big for my pockets. But then again, my PM40 is too big for my pockets too.

Top Bottom