"Pocket" 9mm Sig 938, Beretta Nano, Kahr CM9 ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dilligaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Just south of Heaven
    I know the Sig is SAO, and the Beretta Nano & Kahr CM9 are DAO, Which is the most reliable ? I do currently karry a Kahr K9 Elite 9mm, but wouldn't be opposed to the other two. I'm familiar with the Sigs kinda 1911 set up. Anyone that has any of these ao all please chime in.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    I have experience with the PM9 and the P938. I said this in a different thread but I think with time the P938 will be an outstanding gun for 1911 enthusiasts, ad well as most looking for a small 9. Personally to date though, I would go with the CM9 or PM9. Stupid accurate and very reliable. Also, no safety to have to switch off. Very good for pocket carry. Anyways just my .02

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    Well, I like the 1911 design but I'm a lefty. I had a PM9 but I wasn't crazy about the trigger, plus mag changes were tough because of my left handedness and the small mag release. I've had a Nano since November and like it a lot. That said, since you already have a few Kahr pistols it may be better for you to stick with a platform you're comfortable with........unless you're looking for something different. If so my vote would be the Nano.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Kahr will be most reliable. The little Sigs have had issues with reliability, so have the Nano's.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I have owned both the Nano and a P938. Both of these guns have been 100% reliable. Though really close in actual size, the Sig has a mucher smaller perceived size. The Nano was a bit chunky and Brickish to me. The Sig was a bit lighter and easier to pocket carry. No experience with the Kahr, but have not heard many bad reviews on them.

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I was 99% sure I was getting the ruger lcp (380) until MC sports had the 9mm Nano I finally got to hold this gun and now I'm pretty sure I'm ditching the ruger and getting the Nano hopefully next week if its still there!

MadCHETNIK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    I picked up the Sig just because I haven't seen many around. Hope to shoot it soon to see if it lives up to the salesman's hype.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I just bought the CM9. Great little gun. I've only put about 50 rounds through it. They are supposed to have problems until they are broke in at 200 rounds. They must have forgot to tell my CM9, like the Nano, because it was flawless. I am very impressed with this little gun. No experience with the Nano. And some have had problems with the P938. I can only speak for my P238, which has also been perfect. As much as I like the CM9, I like the P238 better, so someday I might add a P938. I think it will be which you like best, I don't think you can make a bad choice with the options you have presented.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I have two Nano's. My wife took the first one because she liked the way it shot. You can buy 8 rd. mags now, so I bought a few for each gun. Never experienced any problems with either of them, so I guess I never heard the story about them having problems either. Great little DAO pistols.

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Looking for a CC. I like the fact the the Nano is a 9mm as opposed to the LCP. I know it is a little bigger, but I like the way it feels. To me, that is the key factor.

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I own a PM9 and Beretta Nano. I do not own nor have I shot the Sig. Between the Kahr and Beretta, I would have to go with the Kahr, my PM9 has been flawless, easy to shoot, with recoil about the same as the Nano put the PM9 about 3 ounces lighter. The Nano has had a few problems with 115 gr. ammo. Plus I do not like the fact that there is no slide release. Of course, neither will have the Sig's trigger as I have dryfired it at the NRA Convention. My opinion is that Kahr's trigger is better than the Nano but both are easy to shoot.

Top Bottom