• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Ok Im at a loss. Im looking for a pocket sized 9mm single stack that has a single action trigger. I like the Kahr but dont like the trigger. Im not going to pay for a Kimber Solo. Id like to check out a Shield but they are MIA. I also wonder about a XDS. I guess if it was the size of my M&P40c but thinner would be ok too. What else should I look at?

RipkinC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Indy
    Not quite what your specs are but the keltec p11 is great little 12+1 capable pocket gun. I like mine. Not great for range day fun, but perfect for carry

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Do any of those you mentioned have a single action trigger? What is it, if I may, that you don't like about the Kahr trigger?

I ask because that is the pocket 9mm I'd suggest. Those Kahr triggers are the smoothes DA triggers I have ever felt. I really like my CM40 because of that butter smooth trigger.

I know Kel-Tec gets a bad rap from some here, but I have had and do have several and haven't had the first issue with any of them. The PF9 has a decent trigger as well. It isn't nearly as nice as the Kahr's trigger, but is still pretty good.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I guess its the long pull of the Kahrs trigger. I've shot kel tecs and they're not comfortable for me to shoot. I like to shoot my carry guns so I don't want something I'm not comfortable with. I may have to look closer at the Kahr. Maybe I'll get used to the DA trigger.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I didnt think of Kel tec before. I looked and Ill take a closer look at those too. The Sigs are a little more than what I want to spend but Id have to wait till they get the bugs worked out of the 938. My wife has a 238 and I like how it shoots but not impressed with accuracy with it.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Do any of those you mentioned have a single action trigger? What is it, if I may, that you don't like about the Kahr trigger?

I ask because that is the pocket 9mm I'd suggest. Those Kahr triggers are the smoothes DA triggers I have ever felt. I really like my CM40 because of that butter smooth trigger.

I know Kel-Tec gets a bad rap from some here, but I have had and do have several and haven't had the first issue with any of them. The PF9 has a decent trigger as well. It isn't nearly as nice as the Kahr's trigger, but is still pretty good.

Ok so technically they are not SA. I prefer a SA or striker fired trigger. Been a while since Ive held a Kahr and I think its the long pull that phases me.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    They also have the long trigger pull like the Kahr but isn't as good as the Kahr. I also read wolf springs has a 5 lb spring to reduce trigger weight on the Kahr but there is nothing to help the lc9.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I used to have a Keltec, so they may have gotten better, but the trigger-slap was dreadful. My wife got the LC-9, which is better but still has more slap than I like when putting 50+ rounds down it at the range (I get a purple finger if I am not careful.)

I use a Kahr K9 and wish I could find a metal-framed DAO/striker pistol w/ a slightly shorter pull, but I have not found one yet that I trust.

achilles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    The Springfield XDs is a great weapon...I got one the first week they were for sale. It is .45 though so. Springfield just announced a .9mm version at SHOT which will be my next purchase. Might be worth a look for you depending on the wait.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Yeah I had hear the xds9 was coming out. I may wait depending on the price and supply. Im normally a S&W guy and the lack of shields is retarded. They supplied the aftermarket with pistols but didnt build enough for the public? come on man! I have shot the xd and xdm full size 45s and they werent bad, just ugly to me. A kel tec grip under a glock slide....

Top Bottom