• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Did Mick Strider thread those back spacer screws directly into the titanium framelock slab?
    (Some of Mick's design decisions, I'll just never understand.)

And from the OP, it sounds like the OP wouldn't have any problem snapping those clips off :laugh:

That was Greg Medford and yes he did. I am not worried about how much I can beat on that knife I could probably baton through a Spyderco Tuff with my Medford lol! :rockwoot:

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    If the clips are just losing tension, and reason why they can't just be bent back?

I got lazy with my Benchmade and just never fixed it. :xmad: I did better with the Spyderco clips, but I do wonder if bending them back a couple times actually weakened them enough to fully break.

A) I'm a gentleman of hefty size
    B) I'm a clumsy idiot (see OP)

Heck, I'm skinny and I still run into **** all the time.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Don't underestimate the 3V of the Tuff!

Moar pics? It dwarfs that Marfione.

With the size of those screws and threads, I don't think I'd be worried either. It's really just a problem with smaller screws/threads with as little force those threads will see in use. It's just one of my pet peeves on expensive knives when there's better solutions out there.

That was Greg Medford and yes he did. I am not worried about how much I can beat on that knife I could probably baton through a Spyderco Tuff with my Medford lol! :rockwoot:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Don't underestimate the 3V of the Tuff!

Moar pics? It dwarfs that Marfione.

With the size of those screws and threads, I don't think I'd be worried either. It's really just a problem with smaller screws/threads with as little force those threads will see in use. It's just one of my pet peeves on expensive knives when there's better solutions out there.

Yeah the medford is a monster for sure.
    WVB2VvRh.jpg

But the marfione is probably my coolest knife
    mNyoM0ph.jpg

Its a carbon fiber integral frame lock.
    9wVRzhgh.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've mangles and broken a lot of pocket clips. Kai/Zero Tolerance is very good about replacing them, including screws. Some other companies charge you for it, though. I had to replace the clip on a FFG Endura the first year they were on the market, but I don't remember if Spyderco charged me or not.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Any recommendations on what tools to use to get the screws out of the clip? My Kershaw blur appears to have a t7 star screw. All the ones that I had laying around seemed to be real cheap and just round off.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Spyderco has charged me for clips/hardware, KAI (Kershaw/ZT) as well as CRKT have provided replacement clips/hardware free of charge.

I have had really good luck with Hinderer and Chris Reeve knives not bending pocket clips.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Any recommendations on what tools to use to get the screws out of the clip? My Kershaw blur appears to have a t7 star screw. All the ones that I had laying around seemed to be real cheap and just round off.

Home Depot has a Husky Torx set with one driver and multiple small bits. Very useful tool, compact, and won't break the bank.

Search Results for torx at The Home Depot

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have a micro tech utx-70 that has a bent pocket clip. I met up with Brad once to fix it but it has bent again. I just stopped carrying it. Need to find out what size the tiny screws are so I can order normal head screws.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I have one knife that I've never bent the pocket clip on, and I have carried it off and on for years, it is on me 3-4 days of the week on average I'd say. The CRKT Hawk D.O.G. has the best pocket clip design ever in my opinion of course, the clip is TINY for the knife size and yet it works so darn well. It never unclips, or falls from my pocket, not even once. The clip is half the size of the one on my Kershaw Chive for example and that knife will fall out easily and I've bent it several times. I love this clip, more should be like this and work so well and yet hide completely a large knife.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/51/04/1d/51041dc38d97f3e87e642bb338f4a8d6.jpg

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Buy Craftsman. Torx screwdrivers and bits eventually round off. There's no getting around it. Craftsman has a lifetime warranty on hand tools, so when they break, you just take them in to Sears and get a new set.

Or, if you're like me and don't have a Sears around, just keep buying whatever one breaks at Menards for $1.

That is the most recent set I had tried and it rounded off. The actual.bit looked off though. I will check em out again tomorrow.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    CRAP.

I bent the hell out of the clip on my ZT0452CF this afternoon.

I can't find the Torx set I carry with me, so it will have to wait until I get home.

ARGH!

Top Bottom