• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I have pocket carried my shield for a few years now. I made this holster and back pocket mag pouch for it.

ADB22E88-4A5B-4779-964E-F682B4270B5E_zps0h2fu1vb.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

its slim and draws easy. It covers the trigger guard and holds the pistol in an upright position.

I also made this this one and a few others like it for a G43

4D026221-0319-4F23-8524-F101EA8F1078_zpszxcaymc3.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have pocket carried my shield for a few years now. I made this holster and back pocket mag pouch for it.

ADB22E88-4A5B-4779-964E-F682B4270B5E_zps0h2fu1vb.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

its slim and draws easy. It covers the trigger guard and holds the pistol in an upright position.

I also made this this one and a few others like it for a G43

4D026221-0319-4F23-8524-F101EA8F1078_zpszxcaymc3.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

1. Looks good!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Haven't found a holster that does not print in the front pocket yet: time to hit the leathers.
    I want something covering the handle as well; I'm not concerned about getting in a gun draw only to hide the fact that I have a gun in my pocket.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Haven't found a holster that does not print in the front pocket yet: time to hit the leathers.
    I want something covering the handle as well; I'm not concerned about getting in a gun draw only to hide the fact that I have a gun in my pocket.

For years I pocket carried a J frame Smith. It conceals much better than an auto loader. The shape of the butt and the rear of the frame are big giveaways for a semi auto. With the rounded shapes and 'lumps and bumps' of a revolver, it seems to look more like pocket junk than a gun!

South Bender

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    South Bend
    The desantis superfly is what I use when I pocket carry. It has a square flap (it's removable) that covers the gun so it prints less.

It's sticky on the outside so it stays put when drawing, or doing yard work etc. Once in your pocket, it doesn't move.

Do you use the flap? I've had one for a couple years, never used the flap, thought it would make it harder to draw the gun out... maybe i'll have to try it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have several pocket holsters, but prefer the Desantis Pocket Nemesis. Although, I rarely ever pocket carry due to difficulty accessing the pistol in a lot of circumstances. Also due to printing, if I do pocket carry, it is something very small, like my Sig P238.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For years I pocket carried a J frame Smith. It conceals much better than an auto loader. The shape of the butt and the rear of the frame are big giveaways for a semi auto. With the rounded shapes and 'lumps and bumps' of a revolver, it seems to look more like pocket junk than a gun!

1. My thoughts exactly.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Do you use the flap? I've had one for a couple years, never used the flap, thought it would make it harder to draw the gun out... maybe i'll have to try it.

1. A "flap" over the handle: sounds exactly like what I want!
    2. I'll check into it.
    3. I tried to look at holsters at Hoosier Armory, Tim's Shooting and Marksman Shooting: nothing.
    4. Someone suggested a place in Greenfield that had an array of holsters to check out.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks, bocefus78, for the tip on the Desantis Superfly!

I went online and saw they had a holster for hundreds of guns, even different ones for the same basic caliber, but I wasn't going to buy 6 different holsters for 6 different guns.

So, I found a local dealer: 6680 E 21st St, STEVEN R. JENKINS INC, that caters to police, where I could go and try out the 3 holsters they had of this brand.
    The one specifically made for my 642, I didn't get b/c I liked another one that let it fit "deeper" into the pocket, and my other guns fit deep like i wanted.

If I get a little larger gun, it will probably fit snug, so it'll be perfect for any carry I'm going to do with a small pocket gun with my shirt tucked in.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom