• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't mind an ankle holster in the summer with shorts and sandals, but it's bothersome for me to tuck long pants behind it in the winter to carry openly.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My preference is pocket carry utilizing a Robert Mika pocket holster. Never found ankle carry to be very comfortable.

Of course, you could join some of the fine, upstanding young citizens who belong to the "lookin' like a fool witcha pants on da ground" crowd, and your pockets would be close to your ankles, anyway!

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I like my Uncle Georges wallet holster as a backup to an IWB.

db7.jpg

I posted a link earlier, but not a pic. This is similar to the one I use for my Ruger LCP, except that you do not have to remove it to shoot it. Since the slide and barrel are visible, it is not considered an AOW. And it does print like a wallet, at least pretty much.

holster.png

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I saw the LCP pocket holster on Ebay earlier. I'm a little confused with it since the trigger isn't protected. What is the actual purpose of the holster? Does it just make it print more like a wallet than a gun? Personally my whole reason for using a holster is to protect the trigger from accidentally being pulled.

Please be nice with your responses. I have yet to carry the gun on body in a holster and am currently reviewing all options.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What is the actual purpose of the holster? Does it just make it print more like a wallet than a gun?

The print is part of it, but it also keeps the position of the gun consistent. If you just dropped it in your back pocket it would slide around, the grip shift to different angles, etc. A wallet holster helps minimize that so you can get a consistent fumble-free draw.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    i'm currently pondering my options on more concealed carry - i typically carry IWB with untucked shirt or something, but a situation arose last night that necessitates me changing it up - bit of back story...

i was on a date last night and decided not to carry due to how i was dressed, and kept my g22 in the lockbox in my truck. after a show at a comedy club i was hungry we went to a bar for a late dinner. i was uncomforatable there and quickly sized up who could be a problem, i spotted this kid pretty fast.
    hadn't even gotten our food yet when some drunk punk decides to come up and start questioning how i'm treating my lady and generally running his mouth - so drunk i could barely understand what he was saying. i was sober and calm and had no problems handling it, i had a hundred pounds on the kid but had no desire to escalate it, i knew he'd get bored sooner or later and **** off. in the end someone else saw what was going on and got the bouncer.

all in all not a huge deal, its happened to me before. but... in this city (fort wayne) you really don't know what can happen next. i have a kel-tec P32 and an unkle mikes pocket holster, thats extremely small, but it prints pretty badly. I'm looking for the best possible concealment i can go with. i'm leaning towards ankle carry for being more discreet but those rigs are a bit unhandy and inconvenient.

input?
    Get the compact glock 27 and keep in an ankle holster for a BUG and a deep concealment gun. That way you can take your spare magazines for your g22 and they still fit in your g27 if you need to reload.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I like my Uncle Georges wallet holster as a backup to an IWB.

db7.jpg

When I had my LCP, this was the holster I used. It offered comfort, was easy to draw from and the quality was top notch. They also have one if your LCP is equipped with a crimson trace laser.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    do those holsters make it an AOW? I pulled this from wikipedia?

Any Other Weapons (AOWs)
    —this is a broad "catch-all" category used to regulate any number of firearms which the BATFE under the NFA enforces registration and taxation. Examples include, among others:

1) Smooth-bore pistols 2) Pen guns and cane guns 3) A firearm with combinations smooth bore and rifle barrels 12 inches or more but less than 18 inches in length from which only a single shot can be made from either barrel. 4) Disguised firearms 5) Firearms that can be fired from within a wallet holster or a briefcase 6) A short-barreled shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip and no buttstock is categorized as an AOW (smooth-bore pistol) rather than a Short Barrel Shotgun (SBS), because the Gun Control Act describes a shotgun as, "…designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder…" 7) Handguns with a forward vertical grip.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    do those holsters make it an AOW? I pulled this from wikipedia?

Any Other Weapons (AOWs)
    —this is a broad "catch-all" category used to regulate any number of firearms which the BATFE under the NFA enforces registration and taxation. Examples include, among others:

1) Smooth-bore pistols 2) Pen guns and cane guns 3) A firearm with combinations smooth bore and rifle barrels 12 inches or more but less than 18 inches in length from which only a single shot can be made from either barrel. 4) Disguised firearms 5) Firearms that can be fired from within a wallet holster or a briefcase 6) A short-barreled shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip and no buttstock is categorized as an AOW (smooth-bore pistol) rather than a Short Barrel Shotgun (SBS), because the Gun Control Act describes a shotgun as, "…designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder…" 7) Handguns with a forward vertical grip.

No. The holsters presented either don't allow the firearm to be fired while still inside the holster OR fail to entirely encompass the firearm, leaving the slide visible.

A holster that both totally encompasses the handgun but also leaves access to the trigger so that it can be fired does become an AOW.

Like this one, which would be an AOW:

wallet-holster-2.jpg

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Me too Que....

as for a pocket over ankle, pocket is my choice as standing, an ankle is a hard draw.

There are wallets that show the top of the slide that are not AOW's, I have one for my LCP from Desntis.
    I carry it often when all dressed to kill. :)
    main.php

of course the mag is seated when carried...

Last edited:

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No. The holsters presented either don't allow the firearm to be fired while still inside the holster OR fail to entirely encompass the firearm, leaving the slide visible.

A holster that both totally encompasses the handgun but also leaves access to the trigger so that it can be fired does become an AOW.

Like this one, which would be an AOW:

wallet-holster-2.jpg

Source?

Top Bottom