• KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm or .40 cal or Kahr CM9/PM9

Kel-Tecs are junk by comparison.

If your kids don't need to go to college, the Boberg XR9-s is the perfect compact 9.

I had a 3PAT and did not care for it. I sold it and got a Bodyguard and
    It was much better. Sold it and got a Sig 238 and love it. I am very pleased..
    You may want to check out the Sig 938. I also have a s
    239 -not a pocket gun but still compact. It is my EDC.

So much Kel Tec Hate! I personally had a P3AT carried it for 2 years, shot maybe 400 rounds thru it.
    I just recently upgraded to a used PF9 in 9mm, but havent given it a good work out yet. It looks to be fairly worn in so I probably will only run a mag or two of my defensive ammo thru it before I carry it. I also can recommend the Ruger LCP, but that like the P3AT is in .380. I think the Kel Tec handguns are good guns for what they are, def not show peices tho.

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    I have an Shield 9mm which I have found to be too large to carry in my pocket. My daily carry is a S&W 442 38sp which is really convenient.

zacdudek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Grabill IN
    I have the Ruger LCP, might get some .380 hate but it works great for me wearing business professional attire most days. Some folks say .380 is like a BB gun. I always offer for them to shoot me with a bb gun and I'll shoot them with my LCP...I haven't found any takers yet...

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I carry a p3at most all the time. While some may not think it's the best choice, I feel very confident it will do what it is suppose to do, when it needs to be done. I have fired countless makes/types of ammo and have yet to have a jam. No problem with accuracy at typical self defense distance. Its certainly more comfortable to carry than my officers model 45 which I really love but, hate to carry.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I have the Ruger LCP, might get some .380 hate but it works great for me wearing business professional attire most days. Some folks say .380 is like a BB gun. I always offer for them to shoot me with a bb gun and I'll shoot them with my LCP...I haven't found any takers yet...

I like it when folks criticize the calibers of personal defense guns like the LCP especially when those same folks don't carry their big ol 1911’s around because they’re way too inconvenient... The LCP, P3AT, etc are just flat out convenient & comfortable to carry. This makes it more likely that you’ll carry it more often despite the fact that it is a mere .380. Its better than the .45 at home in the safe doing you no good.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

That argument is such bunk. Sure, the .380 is a little underpowered, but people have been defending themselves with it for many years. The .380 will take out an attacker, especially at close range. It's not a .45ACP, which is my EDC, but the .380 works--especially in tiny packages. Certain ones, like the Kahr P380 are rated for +P ammo.

By the way, here's a great video on pocket guns from Hickock45 (truly one of my favorite videos he's made:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT3gkXyxhuA[/ame]

Here's another interesting video from TheYankeeMarshal about some very expensive options:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCFCMpjM8_w[/ame]

I disagree with his assessment that the Rohrbaugh and the Seecamp are the only pocket guns that are "worth a darn." You don't have to spend over $1000 to have a quality firearm.

John Boelte

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    I had a PF9 and experienced a lot of FTF, probably due to my grip, not sure. I really like my P3AT, no problems and very easy to carry. Another favorite is my Ruger SP101 (always goes BOOM! no bang), quite a bit heavier and a bit bulkier than that P3AT, but a LOT more power.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Hate on .380 all you want... http://youtu.be/-H9M6cZGd18?hd=1&t=2m11s

I'd love to get a sig p938 don't get me wrong... but I don't see the point in a 9mm POCKET gun. You're not target shooting, not shooting at incredible distances, and the .380 expands to .40 which I am more than comfortable carrying. Speaking of comfort, the .380 will also be lighter, thinner, and carry more rounds. Jus sayin! If you want a 9 go with a shield and a good IWB holster.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a question for the OP. Why limit yourself to a pocket gun? A subcompact, e.g. G26, Taurus 709 Slim, XD subcompact, etc. can all be carried IWB. If being outed is a major concern, you can use a tuckable holster that gives complete concealment. Unless you need to CC while exercising (running, for example), these will give you all the concealment of a pocket gun with far more accuracy, power, and rounds.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I have both a Kahr CM9 and a Smith & Wesson 642. Both are excellent pocket guns, imho. I can pocket carry both of them, or even pocket carry one and IWB the other. Great combination for CC primary and BUG.

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    My edc? Ruger LCP in a Raven pocket holster, Speer Lawman HP ammo. Right front pocket of my everyday wear Wrangler loosefit jeans. Better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it! IMHO.

Ridgeman4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Middletown
    I carry a P3AT everyday and my wife carries an LCP. We both love them and have never had any problems. These are true pocket size pistols.

I also carry a SR9c in an OWB holster with an untucked shirt when possible. However, when working I have to tuck in my shirts and I dont want to carry in a tuckable holster. It is quicker for me to pull a .380 out of my pocket then it would be to untuck my shirt to access my gun.

I am confident that if I were to need my sidearm for protection a .380 would be more than enough.

Top Bottom