• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I handled the PF-9 when shopping for a pocket nine. I was impressed. The trigger is better than the LCP, and it felt well put together.

I still got the CM9 because I felt it was a better gun.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    im looking for a pocket pistol too...not sure if i will go with a 9mm or 380 yet. in 9mm i have it narrowed down to a s&w m&p shield or a beretta nano. i also had the walther pps in the running, but i dont like the idea of the gun not working without the backstrap....seems like one more thing that can go wrong. in the 380 market, i dont know yet. but tomorrow i am going to kodiak to shoot a ruger lcp and a s&w bodyguard.

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have a question for the OP. Why limit yourself to a pocket gun? A subcompact, e.g. G26, Taurus 709 Slim, XD subcompact, etc. can all be carried IWB. If being outed is a major concern, you can use a tuckable holster that gives complete concealment. Unless you need to CC while exercising (running, for example), these will give you all the concealment of a pocket gun with far more accuracy, power, and rounds.

I have another gun that I can carry, but I prefer to have it as my home protection. It is too bulky and heavy to be my EDC. I always feel like it's pulling my pants down, and it also makes my purse a bit to heavy when I keep it in there.

GunDave007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    im looking for a pocket pistol too...not sure if i will go with a 9mm or 380 yet. in 9mm i have it narrowed down to a s&w m&p shield or a beretta nano. i also had the walther pps in the running, but i dont like the idea of the gun not working without the backstrap....seems like one more thing that can go wrong. in the 380 market, i dont know yet. but tomorrow i am going to kodiak to shoot a ruger lcp and a s&w bodyguard.

I have and enjoy a Nano. But I generally carry my p238. It's an excellent pistol. I have a bodyguard 380 too and it is a good reliable gun. But compared to my p238, it's a turd. I can't stand the bodyguard trigger and the sig just feels awesome in my hands. I put an extended mag in the p238 which didn't really affect the concealment, but gave me an extra round and makes it feel better in my hand.

Last edited:

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Ok, so PM9 vs CM9, polygonal rifling vs conventional rifling: what does this mean, and is one better than the other?

Polygonal is supposed to be somewhat more accurate, but I am not sure if you can really tell on a gun with a 3" barrel. The conventional is capable of shooting cast lead bullets which are not recommended for the polygonal.

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I have and enjoy a Nano. But I generally carry my p238. It's an excellent pistol. I have a bodyguard 380 too and it is a good reliable gun. But compared to my p238, it's a turd. I can't stand the bodyguard trigger and the sig just feels awesome in my hands. I put an extended mag in the p238 which didn't really affect the concealment, but gave me an extra round and makes it feel better in my hand.

I concur. I had a KT PF 9 for a brief time. Sold it, got a p238 and couldn't be happier.

RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    I`m very seriously thinking about picking up a Taurus TCP from a local old lady I met at the gun shop a few days ago.

I really liked the feel and size. Even my GF liked it over her Charter .38spl

Stopping power-wise, all of my friends are against the idea, but I am really wanting it.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Looked at kel-tec, didn't like the feel. Got a SCCY CPX-2, great feel and shoots just fine. OH--- and only 300 bucks.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    For my needs, the SR9C/Shield/PF9/P11/642 felt too big for actual pocket (holster) carry. I had a P11 (HATED the trigger) and 642 and both could be stuffed in my pockets but too big to remove with any semblance of haste or grace. I carried a P3AT for years but after the last .380 scarcity, I wanted to standardize on 9mm & .45 only for my semis. I didn't feel uncomfortable with a .380 but I feel more comfortable with the 9mm.

I narrowed down to the CM9, Nano & P290 for pocket carry nines - size/price/perceived reliability. I was splitting hairs in the end, but ended up selecting a P290 (w. tritium sights, now-traded-laser and both flush and extended mag) for ~$450. I could have ultimately selected any of the three without remorse but the cards fell into place for P290 and my intuition made me feel like it was the right one due to small nuances of feel that may not apply to you.

I haven't regretted the decision yet.

I used a cheap Uncle Mike's pocket holster for the last several months but just upgraded to a Remora for both pocket and IWB.

96projectz24

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Ruger LC9 is a good one, a little on the large side for pocket carry for me, but it works. Mine has the Crimson Trace grips...so its a tad bit bulkier.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I`m very seriously thinking about picking up a Taurus TCP from a local old lady I met at the gun shop a few days ago.

I really liked the feel and size. Even my GF liked it over her Charter .38spl

Stopping power-wise, all of my friends are against the idea, but I am really wanting it.

Had one; it was unreliable. Traded it. YMMV

Top Bottom