• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like some people equate pointing a finger to brandishing a weapon. At least they do in Surry county,VA (a hot bed of incompetence). Here's the case of a guy who was arrested for doing something many of us have done, at one time or another. Pointing your finger at someone to emphasize a spoken point. Cops let him go, initially and then decided to arrest him later that day. All for pointing his finger at someone, (not in the fashion of a finger gun, either). Not only were the cops out of line, so were the prosecutors, but it's Virginia, so go figure.

Authorities charge gun owner with brandishing his finger - National gun rights | Examiner.com

The War on Guns: Henick Court Documents Online

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    And so goes the continued sound of the toilet flushing on the once great United States.
    We are indeed lost, it deeply saddens me, and makes me wonder what will transpire to change the tragic course this country has taken. I just can't wrap my head around the sort of thinking, not by just one person, but dozens, who go along with this nonsense, in the name of law and order. I truly hope that the perpetrators of this sort of garbage, have a special reward waiting for them.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    ...this thread is like listening to a bad sitcom, both for the initial debacle, and the tired puns that followed
    ....and followed, and followed. :)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    if i knew i was going to jail just for pointing it, then I would stick it in someones eye to make it worth my while.

might as well get your moneys worth. and i wouldn't stick around to be arrested for that BS charge either.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, the verdict is in on the finger brandishing case, (yes, it actually had to go to trial) and the victim in this case, Paul Henick was found not guilty. Hope he sues the **** out of the cops and prosecutors for this.

VA gun owner

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks for posting the update.

He should sue for big dollars, a change of the law so that a finger is no longer a firearm, and schooling for the police department that arrested him so that they understand that people have certain rights.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    its amazing that someone would be so stupid to charge him. and even more amazing that someone is so simple minded they actually went out and arrested him for it. are the prosecutor and cops really that stupid or are they that evil.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Maybe they just wanted to "get" the fellow for being a gun owner in the first place.

Maybe he had a run in with the cops in the past and they wanted vengeance, ya never know.

Its hard to believe folks could be so stupid and have no ramifications after the fact.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    So...when asked to identify this dangerous criminal, I assume the prosecutor jerked his leg in the general direction of the finger-pointer?

Top Bottom