• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Hey Polaris guru's I'm usually pretty handy but I'm getting my butt kicked by a pair of polaris one 500 and one 600 both are high miles and both have rear CV axles out, I've got the parts and started working on them but I have spent about 12 hours trying to get the rear axles all the way out of the rear end. I have pulled, pry'd, sprayed PB blaster, and my latest work I took a plasma cutter to the CV "cup" connected to the rear end and put a bolt all the way through the cv cup and put a bolt in and used a slide hammer to pull on it. I broke the tip off the slide hammer and never moved the cv axle.

Looking at the new axle it is 100% just like the hundreds of CV axles I've pulled except that the keeper is much looser than a standard auto axle, I'm sure the keeper has wedged itself in and maybe some debri or rust is holding it up,

Anyone else have any ideas, I've searched the web and looked at every youtube vid out there to do with ATV cv axles,

Looking for help

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Thanks for the response, I ended up chaining the ATV to both the walls. using a boomer I pulled the thing off,

What a Pain, I'm never siezing the heck out of these things

Top Bottom