Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    WOW! Saw this made national news. Glad the Po-Po all went home and the bad guy got "neutralized"... (gotta wonder if the EPD PIO went off-script there.)

Vanderburgh county Sheriff Noah Robinson said Columbine style waiting is a model they no longer practice.
    "If there's active gun fire, we immediately go to the threat, and neutralize that threat, to minimize the loss of life."
    14 News - EPD: 1 injured, suspect dead in Walmart shooting

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My daughter is a "west sider". Lately she has been warming up to learning more about firearms and learning how to shoot. Her husband is a farm raised, country boy so he's got that down and she is fine with it. He shoots all kinds of critters that hang around their home. She just never showed interest until the last year or so.

Maybe this will help her take the next step.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Police say when law enforcement entered the building, Mosley opened fire at officers. Multiple police officers returned fire.

Gray says Mosley would fire and then run off, leading the officers around the store.

Crazy. Sounds like he blasted the girl he was after and then hung around to shoot it out with the police.

Sounds like he may not have been a motivated mass killer. Few available victims at 10pm and he didn't successfully shoot anyone else. Apparently he was willing to stand and fight the police, though. Glad to hear this go-getter attitude from the responding police.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    FYI epd is bad a$$! There are some serious players on the force!

They’ve approached our club about using the range for some sniper training (bringing in a place out of Washington state), and 2 weeks after the officer asked for permission, he was involved in a shooting (it was a good shoot).

Another stopped a shooter from 55 yards away with his ar15 (he was awarded the Indiana police officer of the year for that).

The officer who was firing while moving backwards (he was being chased by a man with a bat).

A few years ago an officer had to shoot through a car window (side) and make a head shot to stop someone.

Honestly for the size of our town, and what local officers make (and having a chief of police that is hated by the rank and file), Evansville has a quite a few good officers!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Vanderburgh county Sheriff Noah Robinson said Columbine style waiting is a model they no longer practice.
    "If there's active gun fire, we immediately go to the threat, and neutralize that threat, to minimize the loss of life."
    14 News - EPD: 1 injured, suspect dead in Walmart shooting
    Back when I did our active shooter training another officer from another small town asked about staging and waiting for swat and my chief replied " **** that you are swat". That practice should have died long before columbine. I'm glad we are producing more officers that aren't afraid to put a stop to the violence.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FYI epd is bad a$$! There are some serious players on the force!

They’ve approached our club about using the range for some sniper training (bringing in a place out of Washington state), and 2 weeks after the officer asked for permission, he was involved in a shooting (it was a good shoot).

Another stopped a shooter from 55 yards away with his ar15 (he was awarded the Indiana police officer of the year for that).

The officer who was firing while moving backwards (he was being chased by a man with a bat).

A few years ago an officer had to shoot through a car window (side) and make a head shot to stop someone.

Honestly for the size of our town, and what local officers make (and having a chief of police that is hated by the rank and file), Evansville has a quite a few good officers!

John McQuay was on the force down there last I knew. He has not been as active in the last couple years, but put out A TON of YouTube content on gun related stuff.

1674270131661.png

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    John McQuay was on the force down there last I knew. He has not been as active in the last couple years, but put out A TON of YouTube content on gun related stuff.

View attachment 249543
    He still is, I think he’s a captain now, he wasn’t on duty last night (he’s at the shot show) but he’s also on the board of directors for our gun club, and when our board voted on the EPD hosting a training camp using our 500 yard range for 3 days, he abstained from voting as he considered it a conflict of interest.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He still is, I think he’s a captain now, he wasn’t on duty last night (he’s at the shot show) but he’s also on the board of directors for our gun club, and when our board voted on the EPD hosting a training camp using our 500 yard range for 3 days, he abstained from voting as he considered it a conflict of interest.

Sounds like the gent is as stand up as I have perceived from watching a lot of his content.

Top Bottom