• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You're allowed to tape what's going on in public in most states, NV being one of them. Unfortunately some officer don't like that and will beat and kidnap you if you do. Just like this man in Las Vegas. It's likely to cost the PD a lot of money and should, (but probably won't) cost the cop in question his job and a good chunk of time behind bars. (Video at the source).

Police beating of Las Vegas man caught on tape - News - ReviewJournal.com

And remember. It's just one bad apple.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You're allowed to tape what's going on in public in most states, NV being one of them. Unfortunately some officer don't like that and will beat and kidnap you if you do. Just like this man in Las Vegas. It's likely to cost the PD a lot of money and should, (but probably won't) cost the cop in question his job and a good chunk of time behind bars. (Video at the source).

Police beating of Las Vegas man caught on tape - News - ReviewJournal.com

Hello,

The media is awesome, and terrible all at the same time. A double edged sword. I like the Police a lot (as has been noted) but with "great power comes great responsibility" when a cop does wrong because of the power he wields he should get in trouble doubly in my mind. I hope he does lose everything and be an example for others. As always Mr Jarrell good posts, and a great mind. Keep it up!

Thanks,
    Matthew

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Hello,

Wow... just wow. You can't resist when you are not under arrest, or when you have not been read your rights. Any follow up on this?

Thanks,
    Matthew

Mrjarrel's article says the charges against the photographer were dropped and they even gave him his mangled camera back to him. Just another day in Vegas.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Obviously the police in Indiana should be held responsible.
    Nope, but they should be looked upon with the same suspicion you would a gang member or a pit bull. While I'm sure there are any number of nice guys and girls in the profession, when I see a dozen or more reports every day of multiple bad actors in the profession...well, my main job is to get home at the end of the day.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Officer Colling appears to be a dirtbag, IMHO, using the power of his authority to try and intimidate Crooks (the cameraman) for having the "audacity" to film him doing his job.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nope, but they should be looked upon with the same suspicion you would a gang member or a pit bull. While I'm sure there are any number of nice guys and girls in the profession, when I see a dozen or more reports every day of multiple bad actors in the profession...well, my main job is to get home at the end of the day.

So I'm as suspect as a gang member due to the actions of other people in my profession? Seems perfectly rational to me.

I've arrested white males who legally owned firearms but treating all white males who own firearms as suspect would be wrong, right?

I've arrested meth heads who live in trailer parks but assuming everyone who lives in a trailer park is a meth head would be wrong, right?

I've arrested drug dealers who drive cars with big shiny wheels but suspecting everyone who has big shiny wheels of being a drug dealer would be wrong, right?

Love double standards

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The real measure of justice is to watch how these cases are handled. The article didn't say anything about punishing the assailant.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No double standard at all. Just enlightened self interest. No-one can tell when a member of any given group with a track record of violence is going to go off. Best to view them with suspicion till you know better. Just like many of your "brothers" do on a daily basis, where the general public is concerned. There are officers right here on INGO who've made it clear that we're all suspects who haven't been caught yet. It's a two way street.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Love double standards

Since their aren't double standards you would agree that Officer Colling needs his ass kicked then, right?

An average Joe approaches me, on my property, threatens me, kicks me to the ground, and destroys my property...what would you do?

I love double standards.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is called baiting. The police pick a fight and then cover it up with Resisting Law Enforcement.

Do not do as this guy did. Do not engage the police in an argument as it is akin to staring at a pit bull. You will cause them to charge.

Do not say anything. Smile and blow kisses at them and stop running your yaps.

Top Bottom