• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've always worried about getting stopped on the way to one of the "events" we attend. "Do you have any weapons", uh, maybe,... 30 or so, and 5,000 rounds of ammo. But, I have rights!
    I was stopped on my way home from one of the NWI meet and shoots a few years ago. The trooper asked me where I was coming from and I said Winimac. He never even mentioned guns, even though there was a stack of them in the back seat.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was stopped on my way home from one of the NWI meet and shoots a few years ago. The trooper asked me where I was coming from and I said Winimac. He never even mentioned guns, even though there was a stack of them in the back seat.

If he was just outside the range, he might have a heart attack. :)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You dont have to, but should you?..............

DKUR9Tk.png

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The only reason to inform that makes sense to me is that it is an easy icebreaker. Something to get the conversation going in a way that might reach some kind of common ground. Almost every police officer I know is a gun guy or gun gal.

I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be done; I'm just saying that's the only reason I can understand for informing in Indiana.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Black-robed tyrant says "armed and dangerous" is synonymous with "armed, and therefore dangerous" (if this is the decision I'm thinking of).

SCOTUS fails to grant cert, over an obvious perversion of plain language.

Why am I not surprised?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Kirk will be disappointed if this is not included in the thread:

Texas law factoid: If you are carrying in Texas under authority of a license and are asked for ID by a Texas peace officer, Texas law says you are supposed to inform the officer. BUT. There is no legal penalty if you fail to do so. Peace officers with the proper electronics in their cars (which is most of them, I think) who run a Texas Driver License will be notified if you also have an LTC. I don't know if they have anyway to rapidly check DL from another state (e.g. Indiana) against that state's list of LTCH (or whatever they call them there).

The opinion justifying the decision, as presented in this link: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/27/f...awful-gun-carriers-must-forfeit-other-rights/ is pretty abhorrent, especially Judge Wynn's concurring opinion.

Top Bottom