Police Dress Up Like Easter Bunny, Have Motorists Cited for Seat Belt Violations

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Florida police pose as giant bunnys to catch illegal drivers - msnNOW

AF47F2F46A20B2EB08625CA78558.jpg

In Florida, officers are dressing up like the Easter Bunny holding a sign that says "Have a Safe Hoppy Holiday, Buckle Up!"

The officer dressed up as the rabbit would somehow signal (article is unclear) to other officers down the road the description of the drivers/vehicles in violation and they would be ticketed. 50 motorists were ticketed in two hours of "police work."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "What did you do at work today, honey? A high speed chase? Maybe bust a meth lab?"
    "No, I dressed up in a Easter Bunny suit and held a sign"
    "What, like the Cash for Gold guys?"
    "Yeah, just like them."
    "Oh, I have a headache tonight."

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Several years ago, I had a DOT officer explain it to me. He said ISP doesn't have "ticket quotas". They are required to make a certain number of "contacts" per month. He defined a "contact" as a written warning or a citation. This would explain why the last time I was stopped by ISP, the trooper gave me a warning(headlight out) and told me he was "required" to give me something if he pulled me over.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Ticket quotas are phased out.

Contacts per month is the Performance Metric. If they do not have enough per day, then they are seen to have been not doing their job. This results in a RPS (Rapid Problem Solving) in which the root cause(s) are identified. In this case, it may be that not enough drivers were being able to be cited for that particular infraction. Thus, the police must be able to get closer to each driver to visibly check each seatbelt.

If this does not work, another corrective action will need to be undertaken. If the metric goals are not re-written, officers may be forced to break into cars to cut the seatbelts, thus giving themselves something to enforce...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    With all the break ins and other crime that appears to be such a problem down there, maybe these bunnies should be working on that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Several years ago, I had a DOT officer explain it to me. He said ISP doesn't have "ticket quotas". They are required to make a certain number of "contacts" per month. He defined a "contact" as a written warning or a citation. This would explain why the last time I was stopped by ISP, the trooper gave me a warning(headlight out) and told me he was "required" to give me something if he pulled me over.

A FWPD officer told me no quotas. Then two months later he said quotas are now being implemented. Of course, this hearsay. This was about a year ago when I was discussing a particular corner where I logged about 15-20 illegal turns per hour. I actually stood on the corner for two hours and photographed all violators. Some weren't amused. :popcorn:

Addendum: This officer also said he mostly gives out warnings for that sort of thing. That is until the violator says, "Don't you have some other crime to investigate?". Insulting an officer in such a snide way is a surefire ticket magnet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This just goes toward supporting my theory that 'law enforcement' is not about protecting the public, but rather thieving from the public.

Top Bottom