• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Sources said police removed 16 long guns, body armor and more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition from the room with a balcony overlooking the downtown area.

Seems like a higher level threat than the goons out in Massachusetts awhile back. But I'm always skeptical when the alleged plot involves 4 people. 4 people can rarely agree on what movie to watch and where to eat dinner, let alone carry out a mass shooting in a major metropolitan area.

Arrested were...

-Gabriel Rodriguez, 48, for investigation of possession of a weapon by a previous offender, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
    -Ricardo Rodriguez, 44, for investigation of possession of a weapon by a previous offender.
    -Kanoelehua Serikawa, 43, for investigation of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, and a warrant from another jurisdiction.
    -Richard Platt, 42, for investigation of possession of a weapon by a previous offender, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute (two counts), and a warrant from another jurisdiction.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Also skeptical as to why they'd bring stacks of cash to a “Las Vegas style shooting”...

45315261-9778203-Officers_are_seen_inside_the_hotel_room_at_The_Maven_where_on_Fr-a-117_1626034408530.jpg

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Well at least they have better reasons to make arrests than the one in Chicago.

I would guess more gang involvement than anything else though.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sounds like a case of police making some pretty big assumptions and speculating on a worst case scenario without much evidence.

Police or FBI? Please do not conflate the two.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think the stories referenced lots of meth, so maybe. Maybe part of a "party and play" sex for hire operation.

You usually see stories about sex trafficking during events like the super bowl, all stars, etc. Maybe these guys were tied into something like that.
    And so that choice of a room makes sense. Especially to lure in Toronto Blue Jays fans. They are probably just like hockey fans. After all, you know why Canadian hockey fans do it doggy style? So they can both watch the game.

:joke:

So you get your meth addled hooker and can still watch the game. LOL

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Police or FBI? Please do not conflate the two.
    If I understood it correctly, the police jumped to the conclusion or stated that the refuse to rule out a Vegas-style shooting, while the FBI say that there's no evidence to suggest it (and therefore why discuss it with the public and incite fear). I don't believe they've been conflated here.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If I understood it correctly, the police jumped to the conclusion or stated that the refuse to rule out a Vegas-style shooting, while the FBI say that there's no evidence to suggest it (and therefore why discuss it with the public and incite fear). I don't believe they've been conflated here.
    Pretty sure Denny was genuinely offended his brethren would be mixed up with buffoons of a federal alphabet soup agency. I would be. LOL

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    You usually see stories about sex trafficking during events like the super bowl, all stars, etc. Maybe these guys were tied into something like that.
    This. Drugs and sex trafficking, almost guaranteed.

The news “sources” say the locals feared the Vegas-style shooting. No actual official statement from DPD on such thing.

You can tell it’s journalistic fearmongering and narrative driving because they won’t show the mugshots. We’re lucky we can even see the names.

Top Bottom