• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So are we looking at UVA 2.0?

Cosmo has posted a rape story that doesn't pass the smell test. Even has some pro-life/pro-choice angles.

Most important detail: Police were never contacted. That's a huge red flag.

She Told a Guy She Worked at an Abortion Clinic. On Their Next Date, He Raped Her.

* The hospital that she claims to have went to has already come out and said up front, she never was there. No treatment. No tests. Never heard of her.
    * Her family owns and operates the abortion clinics. The state apparently shut down a few of them for gross health code violations and some rather serious and truly dangerous flaws in patient care. So the family was under a lot of heat. Time to change the story maybe?
    * She claims to have numerous and ongoing text messages from her Rapist and that several of her friends are aware of what was happening or were in some way witnesses. Yet the Cosmo reporter would seem to have never examined the text messages or contacted the witnesses for any sort of corroboration.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    :facepalm:

i am surprised the hospital said she wasn't there. Why say anything?

do you have a link to articles challenging her story? It does read like a feminist dream piece, complete with her wearing thr shirt and owning the name. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So are we looking at UVA 2.0?

Cosmo has posted a rape story that doesn't pass the smell test. Even has some pro-life/pro-choice angles.

Most important detail: Police were never contacted. That's a huge red flag.

She Told a Guy She Worked at an Abortion Clinic. On Their Next Date, He Raped Her.

* The hospital that she claims to have went to has already come out and said up front, she never was there. No treatment. No tests. Never heard of her.
    * Her family owns and operates the abortion clinics. The state apparently shut down a few of them for gross health code violations and some rather serious and truly dangerous flaws in patient care. So the family was under a lot of heat. Time to change the story maybe?
    * She claims to have numerous and ongoing text messages from her Rapist and that several of her friends are aware of what was happening or were in some way witnesses. Yet the Cosmo reporter would seem to have never examined the text messages or contacted the witnesses for any sort of corroboration.

1) I don't know if I'd say not going to the police is necessarily a red flag. A lot of women who are legitimate rape victims don't want to go through the embarrassment of getting the authorities involved. In the article she says she did some kind of anonymous reporting but was afraid to press charges because of retribution towards her family or business.

2) the bit about the hospital having no record, in the article it says that when she went back the next day for followup she said they told her they had no record of that initial visit. She then later checked her paperwork from the day before and found it was for someone else. So, paperwork screw up. That's feasible.

3) I think this smells a lot like it's too perfect for the narrative. I'm not saying it didn't happen the way she said, or that it happened at all, but that article is definitely telling the story from a feminist point of view. This would not be the first time they've made **** up to back up assertions with facts that don't exist.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Regarding your #2) we have given someone the wrong discharge paperwork before. That doesn't mean she was registered as a 56yo man.

if that's true that she was there and got someone's paperwork, did someone get hers? The hospital takes patient registration very seriously. It's how they can ensure proper billing and payment. They will check SSN as best as possible in their system to make sure it's not Someone registering as someone else. They check IDs, scan them in. They verify insurance status with carriers or state Medicaid.

If you were in my ED the day before, I could find your visit. Unless you gave false information or your name was entered incorrectly. Which would be easy to see. And giving the wrong discharge paperwork is a reportable offense to Medicare for HIPPA violation.

Top Bottom