• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Now being as it's early sunday morning and as to not wake the nieghbors with my thunderous stereo I have my noise cancelling earbuds in when the LEO knocks on my door.

I had that one a few years ago--Purdue student rocking out in his bedroom as po-po came a-knockin', you kids and your rock and roll.

Prosecution dismissed day before trial, no intent.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    No warrants. How about this scenario, It's Sunday morning and I'm in my living room cleaning guns and stuffing mags for that days three gun event. Lets say a vengefull woman ,knowing my routine, and in an effort to harass me calls 911 stating that I made a suicide threat to her minutes earlier. Now being as it's early sunday morning and as to not wake the nieghbors with my thunderous stereo I have my noise cancelling earbuds in when the LEO knocks on my door. He can hear me inside, I'm not responding, and he breaks down my door....

Or maybe knowing that I'm a law abiding citizen and that I don't have any warrants to be served I just don't feel like talking to a police officer. He can't make me open the door.

Jamie, I won't lie to you...I would have HATED to have had responsibility for this one.

Let me say first of all, would we bust in on you SOLELY based on a single phone call from a woman without the opportunity to interview her in person? Pretty unlikely.

Despite some of the people here who assume LEOs are clueless morons, cops do a brisk business in dealing with the fallout from the antics of vengeful women, and the cops would consider that angle.

What would happen next if I were in charge would be interviewing your neighbors with numerous questions about your behavior and their opinions of your state of mind. If NONE of them have any reservations about you and gush about what an even tempered guy you are, the cops are going to have serious reservations about the original informant.

Now we get to the part where they witness you cleaning your guns and you don't respond to them.

At that particular moment, my biggest concern would be whether you see ME.

If we make eye contact, I gesture to the door and you completely ignore me, I think you'll have to admit that you're putting me in a VERY bad situation in view of the fact that I've been given information that you're suicidal.

If I simply can't find a way to make contact with you, the situation is very tough. I would have to have VERY convincing evidence that you are not rational in order to force entry, more evidence than you describe.

Now I'm talking about me, and I'm old school. In my day we didn't foam at the mouth at the sight of a citizen with a gun.

Nowadays they might throw a flash-bang in on you as soon as they see them.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    If I don't answer the door your not invited in, if I do answere the door you most likley will not be invited in unless I know you and you are a close friend. The only legal entry by someone is if i as the property owner invites you in or you are an officer with a warent. If you kick in my door police or not you will most likley have a gun pointed at you because i may not have had the time to figure out who you are prior to you storming in my home. No disrespect for the Leo's, I respect them tremendiously, but I respect my rights and freedoms more! We can say what if all we want but there is no perfect answer to any solution other than respect each individuals rights. If they are only a threat to themselves then leave them be.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom