• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    As those from this area know the Schied Diesel event is going on in TH this weekend so the town is literately under a cloud of black smoke and there will be a TON of cops and security everywhere with all the problems it has annually. Was just going down 41 near the mall area when this jacka$$ in a jacked up truck did a burnout all the way thru the intersection of 41 & Davis. Few seconds later I hear but can't see sirens and then here come a nice jacked up diesel truck with red & blues in the grill and windshield flying south on 41...get near the fairgrounds and it's a ISP officer climbing out of it and he had busted the idiot that did the burnout. Very tricky ISP!

Back on topic... I think it's good to see this... the pure, utter stupidity demonstrated by many of those that attend and participate in the show often gets carried to the streets with reckless, dangerous, stupid driving, stunts, and showing off... it's glad to see that the police are at least trying to keep the "showing off", "stupidity", and "stunts" off the streets and on the track where it belongs...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    bottle-girl-Belinda-Dobrowolski.jpg

Most famous person in TH since a guy named Bird..lol

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Pretty sure they are impounds
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't impounds simply "jail" time for property as a punishment for whatever wrongdoing was committed by the owner and as such there is no legal authority to use them as police vehicles until the ownership has been officially transferred?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't impounds simply "jail" time for property as a punishment for whatever wrongdoing was committed by the owner and as such there is no legal authority to use them as police vehicles until the ownership has been officially transferred?

Idk of the technically of police assuming ownership for police usage, but I know they do it.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Idk of the technically of police assuming ownership for police usage, but I know they do it.

Impounds don't get used by the po-po. For PD to use vehicles, they must be legally forfeited from their owners which is a great deal more time consuming and complicated than a simple impound.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County

Yes, but I believe that depending on the results of the court case, impounds CAN become forfeitures. And once forfeited they become fair game. And there's lots of forfeitures in this state. Especially coming up from the south along many north/south highways. Into and out of Bloomington.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I started a discussion thread last year about bottle girl that got removed 5 minutes after being posted and I did not post a link to the video! Apparently it's ok to talk about it now??? Oh well, who cares really? I did watch the video last year and found it very disappointing but also called her a trooper at the same time. Avoided TH like the plague this weekend due to the traffic. If it was contained within the fairgrounds it wouldn't be too bad but the spill over ruins going to TH for anything when this event is taking place. Last time I went to Scheid was in '05, '06 or '07; I don't remember. Only thing I went for was to watch the drag racing on Sunday.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I started a discussion thread last year about bottle girl that got removed 5 minutes after being posted and I did not post a link to the video! Apparently it's ok to talk about it now??? Oh well, who cares really? I did watch the video last year and found it very disappointing but also called her a trooper at the same time. Avoided TH like the plague this weekend due to the traffic. If it was contained within the fairgrounds it wouldn't be too bad but the spill over ruins going to TH for anything when this event is taking place. Last time I went to Scheid was in '05, '06 or '07; I don't remember. Only thing I went for was to watch the drag racing on Sunday.

They really don't have any problems inside the fairgrounds during the event. It's when the knuckleheads get outside the fairgrounds on 3rd street there are issues. They are like those fellows that go TDY in the Military. You know the ones that loose their freakin mind and do dumb stuff!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I have said that for a while, I don't mind the event in the fairgrounds, I can avoid that area if I don't want to see/breath diesel smoke. It is the stuff outside that I have issues with and that is not the responsibility of the event organizers.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom