• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Then what else is it?

Whether you hate them for their location, players, or political beliefs, when you see a Colts jersey/uniform, you don't like it. That was all I was trying to say.

I guess I look at Colts stuff in yards, bumper stickers, clothing, etc. much in the same way most of us would look at Obama yard signs, bumper stickers, clothing, etc. Does that neighbor 4 doors down with the Obama yard signs, hope and change stickered prius in the drive, etc. get the same respect from you as the next door neighbor who shares the same political and moral beliefs as you?

How is destroying property rights any less of an infringement on our freedoms than destroying the 2A? Should a pro lifer have to put the militant feminists on their Christmas card lists? A person who is no friend of my rights is no friend of mine.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    ...if I was sitting on my front porch, sipping on an iced tea watching the cars go by and I decided to one-finger salute a cop driving by, would he have any reason to stop? If he did stop, could I be cited for something, since I was doing absolutely nothing wrong at the time?

The courts have ruled you can curse cops, flip them off, etc. and they can't arrest you for disorderly conduct. Now, this doesn't mean you can do so loudly, to the point of disturbing the peace of others in the area, and I would guess the courts would let it fly if your intention was trying to start a riot.

If a person flips off a cop, the cop may or may not check it out. There will be a % of cops who will get pissed, and a % of those will take things too far and end up either fired, sued, charged, or any combination of those. Some cops might stop because it is extremely unusual behavior. Remember Ed Delaney, the lawyer who almost got killed in Carmel recently? Two family friends out walking saw him, waved, and he kept his cool except for one thing: He started giving them the finger with his hand down at the side. They got the message.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I guess I look at Colts stuff in yards, bumper stickers, clothing, etc. much in the same way most of us would look at Obama yard signs, bumper stickers, clothing, etc. Does that neighbor 4 doors down with the Obama yard signs, hope and change stickered prius in the drive, etc. get the same respect from you as the next door neighbor who shares the same political and moral beliefs as you?

How is destroying property rights any less of an infringement on our freedoms than destroying the 2A? Should a pro lifer have to put the militant feminists on their Christmas card lists? A person who is no friend of my rights is no friend of mine.

See, now you started the same rant you always do that has nothing to do with the thread...I'm not saying you are wrong in your beliefs, I tend to agree...But you've said it ten THOUSAND times already and it's usually off-topic.

This whole discussion stemmed back from my conversation with FPD when I said people who hate a uniform are idiots, then I made a lighthearted joke about if jerseys can be considered uniforms then I retract what I said...Since I would be an idiot also.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not sure why you are complaining about my usual rant. YOU called me out in this thread and I responded. Had you not, I wouldn't have even posted in this thread.:rolleyes:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm not sure why you are complaining about my usual rant. YOU called me out in this thread and I responded. Had you not, I wouldn't have even posted in this thread.:rolleyes:

I didn't call you out, I mentioned your name while joking around with FPD. We all know how much you hate the Colts, so you don't have to explain yourself everytime they are mentioned; it's very redundant (this coming from someone who agrees with you on the subject).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Wow, the traffic on this forum is going to be nil. We are now only allowed to give our position on each topic 1 time because any more would be redundant. No more threads about stimulus, tarp, healthcare, Obama, pelosi, anti gunners, taxes, etc because it's all been said already.

I'm not surprised that I'm the only vote for property rights as the most important.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    ...No more threads about stimulus...
    We could start a thread about the $9 million in stimulus money the owner of the New England Patriots wanted to build a foot bridge over Route 1 in Foxboro to connect Kraft's stadium, his parking lots, his office park and his entertainment plaza. Sounds like Kraft is about as shady as Jim (I never met an Oxycodone I didn't like) Irsay and Bart (Bart Lies) Peterson.

Of course...I don't blame Tom Brady for the apparent attempt of a private industry and a few questionably corrupt government officials to rape the taxpayers of Foxboro...no more than I blame Peyton Manning for the tax increase to pay for LOS. Brady and Manning are football players...not politicians.

And BTW...there was so much backlash over the use of these funds for the bridge the feds pulled the plug on the deal.

Oh...and sorry for the thread jack. I don't mind being flipped off. It beats the heck out of being spit on.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow, the traffic on this forum is going to be nil. We are now only allowed to give our position on each topic 1 time because any more would be redundant. No more threads about stimulus, tarp, healthcare, Obama, pelosi, anti gunners, taxes, etc because it's all been said already.

I'm not surprised that I'm the only vote for property rights as the most important.

Fair enough, but this is a thread about police harassment with a sub topic of flipping off a police officer just because of his uniform...No one asked your opinion on what you think about property rights that you rant about every single time the Colts are mentioned.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Fair enough, but this is a thread about police harassment with a sub topic of flipping off a police officer just because of his uniform...No one asked your opinion on what you think about property rights that you rant about every single time the Colts are mentioned.

Actually, it's a thread about a joke about police harassment, so let's not get too serious about it. ;)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Actually, it's a thread about a joke about police harassment, so let's not get too serious about it. ;)

Sorry, I worded that wrong...Of course it was a joke about it, but I did ask a serious question to the INGO POs and got serious responses that ended with lighthearted jokes.

Anyway, who's serious about it?:dunno:

BTW, congrats on your silver!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We could start a thread about the $9 million in stimulus money the owner of the New England Patriots wanted to build a foot bridge over Route 1 in Foxboro to connect Kraft's stadium, his parking lots, his office park and his entertainment plaza. Sounds like Kraft is about as shady as Jim (I never met an Oxycodone I didn't like) Irsay and Bart (Bart Lies) Peterson.

Of course...I don't blame Tom Brady for the apparent attempt of a private industry and a few questionably corrupt government officials to rape the taxpayers of Foxboro...no more than I blame Peyton Manning for the tax increase to pay for LOS. Brady and Manning are football players...not politicians.

And BTW...there was so much backlash over the use of these funds for the bridge the feds pulled the plug on the deal.

Oh...and sorry for the thread jack. I don't mind being flipped off. It beats the heck out of being spit on.

Good on the people of New England for getting it stopped. Now if the cities of the other 31 teams would get their pitchforks out. So if I perform a legal service for a known drug dealer paid in cash, what does that make me? The money taken from the citizens to fund the NFL is dirty money.

Ok, I'm done here. I might as well go pound sand as it would be more productive.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Looks like a call out to me. Now you're pissed that I responded.:dunno:

Nah man, I'm not pissed at all. Actually, I'm not even sure why I bothered reading and responding.:dunno:

To put this to rest, anytime there is a thread that has anything to do with the Colts, regardless of the topic, I'll just skip over your post, because I'll be able to recite it word for word without even reading it...Regardless of the topic. Actually, anytime football is mentioned I'll do that, regardless of the topic.:yesway:

Ok, I'm done here. I might as well go pound sand as it would be more productive.

Words of wisdom.

Top Bottom