• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Well I guess I look at it different ... what was it Jefferson said oh yeah :
    " When a man assumes a public trust he should consider himself a public property. "

I have run for office 3 times .. big deal so have 1000's of others .
    But I use my real name and a photo of myself .. not some cartoon image .
    I would submit that if there are so many people that would be hostile to you or others who are LEO that one should reflect as to why ?
    Why would so many people not like the local cop ?
    Years ago it was not that way . The cop on the street was looked up to .
    Jimmy with his Red Ryder BB gun wanted to shoot bad guys and grow up to be a Police Man who he trusted .
    What has happened ? Could it be that more people now look at cops with fear and distrust as opposed to admiration and love as was done in the 50's .

If a man has to be concerned with the public at large , and yes there is always the lone nut that is unstable , I submit that things happen for a reason and past event create present attitudes .
    Yes the question I would ask myself if I were that concerned is .. Why ?

Thanks
    Duncan

PS to be fair I should also ask why the general membership hides behind cartoons and pseudonyms .
    Probably because my pseudonym describes me more than a name given by my grandmother before I was born. Not to mention there are way too many Roberts in the world.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    PS to be fair I should also ask why the general membership hides behind cartoons and pseudonyms .

Because not everyone is badass enough to post a picture of themselves in a helmet, big glasses and a super-cool outfit.:dunno:

You clearly want everyone to know who you are by posting a single name, detailed picture of yourself and an exact location(I mean, there's only a handful of people that live south of Indy, right?).

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Because not everyone is badass enough to post a picture of themselves in a helmet, big glasses and a super-cool outfit.:dunno:

You clearly want everyone to know who you are by posting a single name, detailed picture of yourself and an exact location(I mean, there's only a handful of people that live south of Indy, right?).

I don't need to have people know who I am ...
    does my ego like a certain amount of notoriety - sure .. so do most .. but at least I admit it - but I believe it to be the most proper thing to use my real name .
    Especially if I take a contrarian / opposing / harsh view point .

As far as the county I live in I have stated that I live in Brown County before ... but your point is take .. to be honest . The more I have seen out of the indigoes residents , new comers from Monroe county and the county government ... I am ashamed to a point to admit it .
    I use to be proud of it .. education can change a view point .
    Thanks
    Duncan

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jimmy with his Red Ryder BB gun wanted to shoot bad guys and grow up to be a Police Man who he trusted .
    What has happened ?
    Jimmy's mom and dad got a divorce because Jimmy's dad was a drunk. Jimmy turned into a latch-key kid and started hanging out with the wrong crowd and started watching M-TV. Jimmy started smoking pot, then crack and now he's hooked on meth, Vicodin and Xanax. Jimmy beats his girlfriend when she pisses him off. Jimmy started breaking into people's homes to support his habit. Jimmy beat the hell out of an old lady the other night when he broke into her home not knowing she was there.

Jimmy got arrested for several failure to appear warrants. Jimmy told me he was going to kick my effing ass when he got out of jail and proceeded to tell me where I lived. While wrestling with Jimmy to handcuff him Jimmy told me he was going to "effing kill" me. Then I popped Jimmy for felony intimidation. I hope Jimmy rots in prison.

Jimmy knows where I live. I hope Jimmy shows up at my house. Ya think Jimmy will just want to have a beer with me? After all...apparently I'm the reason for all Jimmy's problems. God forbid Jimmy should actually be responsible for the stupid crap Jimmy does. :rolleyes: Poor little Jimmy. Eff him.

It's not 1950 anymore.

**Jimmy's name has been changed to protect his dumb ass self.

Top Bottom