• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hochwald

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    South Bend
    Yes it appears he is still alive. I stand corrected. I guess this shows one should not "assume" anything. I assumed he was head shot with a lighter caliber weapon. I am puzzled by a shoulder shot instead of a head shot in that type of situation.

At the moment the hostage taker was shot, he appears to be getting more agitated, could be the police had to act at the moment.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Good job boys in blue! Another scum bag off the plannet! That's the way it should be for this type of crime. Saves tax money and he can't get out of jail in a couple weeks to do it again and maybe kill a cop the next time.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Yes it appears he is still alive. I stand corrected. I guess this shows one should not "assume" anything. I assumed he was head shot with a lighter caliber weapon. I am puzzled by a shoulder shot instead of a head shot in that type of situation.

I'm not a member of a swat team, and I'm not an LEO (but I do watch movies and youtube)....but I'm thinking that a skull shot could have sent bone or lead fragments into the hostage if it was a side shot.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I'm not a member of a swat team, and I'm not an LEO (but I do watch movies and youtube)....but I'm thinking that a skull shot could have sent bone or lead fragments into the hostage if it was a side shot.

I am not on a SWAT team either. But based on how that incident seems that it was I would have head shot him in a heart beat. A person can still be a threat after being shot in a shoulder. But the officers may have had knowledge about the guy that wasnt shared and acted accordingly. All is well that ends well and I am not second guessing them

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    In one of the videos I saw, it appeared to have passed through the individual and passed through the glass in the door. Also, at the end of the video it looks like the officer that shot may be walking up (guy with the dog turns to talk to him). Looks like an M4 with EOTECH. Perhaps it was intended to be a head shot and depending on range may have hit lower than planned depending on the zero on the rifle.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My best friend from HS was on the SWAT team in Delaware County. The SWAT team went in to secure a hostage situation and in the process they shot a perp in the shoulder and nearly blew the arm off and it was just hanging. They are trained to treat everyone as though they are still alive until the coroner says otherwise. They cuffed the mans dangling arm to his good arm. He was pronounced dead at the scene later by the coroner.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010

Maybe was supposed to be head shot, but they "missed"

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Think the perp has seen too many Hollywood movies and should had picked a more appropriate sized human shield. Left a whole lot of meat exposed.

Top Bottom