• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If you use enough water cannons...nothing will burn.

525444.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I wonder why Oakland seems to have erupted in more violent gatherings than other places? It is almost as if something happened, creating a turd vacuum.

Hrm, I cannot think of any incident that would lead to that...

Seriously, if law enforcements aim was to create violent riots - they acted accordingly.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    311339_10150382779213189_281961363188_8387184_1446464618_n.jpg

News this morning from Oakland says that another veteran was seriously injured by the OPD. Had to have his spleen removed. Both sides have a lot to answer for.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I'm reminded of the "conspiracy theory" everyone poo-pooed a year or so ago... the one where forces that wish to destroy America create a problem and provided a prepared solution. Bottom up, top down, inside out.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I'm reminded of the "conspiracy theory" everyone poo-pooed a year or so ago... the one where forces that wish to destroy America create a problem and provided a prepared solution. Bottom up, top down, inside out.

The democrat party is now controlled by totalitatian marxists who seek revolution and the republican's are aiding and abetting.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    To blame this on the police is specious. There is a hard-core group of agents-provocateurs who thrive on creating chaos, and they're not the ones in blue. Look at any G8 or G20 meeting and you'll see the anarchist crowd pulling the same stunts. They're simply looking for any opportunity to cause trouble and then point the finger at the police.

Just like the 'anti-war' demonstrations in Chicago in 1968. The Yippies goal was to bring the war to American streets. They were actually pleased that Nixon was elected, as they thought in their demented minds that this would lead to an escalation of the war in Vietnam (it did), which would in turn lead to revolution in America and the overthrow of capitalism (it didn't).

Fast forward to 2011. Same belief, same tactics. As Mao said:
    The guerrilla must move amongst the people as a fish swims in the sea.
    These troublemakers are taking advantage of a popular movement, which gives cover to their own agenda.

:twocents:

FWIW the Black Panther Party was founded in Oakland, CA.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    FIFY

You're defending the arsonists?

I wouldnt say you fixed anything. He had it right. Like we went to war with Iraq, and told them we would use nukes if we wanted to. Is that a good way to get countries to STOP developing nukes? I'd say it does the opposite. Same thing with protests, you dont tell people to be peaceful as you beat the living crap out of them. It just doesnt work that way

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I wouldnt say you fixed anything. He had it right. Like we went to war with Iraq, and told them we would use nukes if we wanted to. Is that a good way to get countries to STOP developing nukes? I'd say it does the opposite. Same thing with protests, you dont tell people to be peaceful as you beat the living crap out of them. It just doesnt work that way

If you actually nuke those countries, they will be unable to develop their own nukes. If you beat those protesters hard enough, they will be peaceful forever.

The most important part of using force is using ENOUGH force.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    If you actually nuke those countries, they will be unable to develop their own nukes. If you beat those protesters hard enough, they will be peaceful forever.

The most important part of using force is using ENOUGH force.

LOL, have fun nuking the world, and beating innocents into comas. Thats one way to get your point across. :n00b:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    There is a hard-core group of agents-provocateurs who thrive on creating chaos, and they're not the ones in blue. Look at any G8 or G20 meeting and you'll see the anarchist crowd pulling the same stunts. They're simply looking for any opportunity to cause trouble and then point the finger at the police.

This, and they are very good at their jobs. From the people I've spoken to that are at most of those protests, they're mostly the same individuals. They travel from protest to protest no matter the cause and do the same type of things.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    You definitely cannot blame the police for the actions of people intending to cause damage or set fire to buildings...

What you can blame the Oakland police department for is the poor handling of the protests leading to the escalation that we see today.

Is anyone really surprised at this escalation? Did anyone really believe that if they deployed tear gas and beat people in the crowd that everyone would just decide to go home, without any backlash? In the age of social media and cameras on every phone, I think the outcome of those decisions were obvious at the time... The situation will gets worse, the crowd that wants to burn things and get violent comes out... every time, like clockwork...

Last edited:

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I wonder why Oakland seems to have erupted in more violent gatherings than other places? It is almost as if something happened, creating a turd vacuum.

Ever been to Oakland? I used to live just off Telegraph in Berkeley, not far from Oakland. The place is a bloody DMZ on good days.

Top Bottom