• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    People should also note the scans he does after each time he completes a drill. In addition to being a well trained and (more than) competent police officer/SWAT team member, Mr. Vogel is also one of the best practical shooting competitors in the world. Well, like current world (IPSC) and national (USPSA) champion good.

Bob is a stellar example that proves that it is very possible to have feet in both the competition world and the "real" world without either suffering. Many of the skills are identical, with the primary differences being in how and when they are applied.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    People should also note the scans he does after each time he completes a drill. In addition to being a well trained and (more than) competent police officer/SWAT team member, Mr. Vogel is also one of the best practical shooting competitors in the world. Well, like current world (IPSC) and national (USPSA) champion good.

Bob is a stellar example that proves that it is very possible to have feet in both the competition world and the "real" world without either suffering. Many of the skills are identical, with the primary differences being in how and when they are applied.

Don't forget he also won the World IDPA Championship as well, all in a 2-3 week span of each other.
    Then went back to work as a police officer in Ohio.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Damn, he is good!

Did he say Canton, OH? Wow, quite a spread of competencies on the Canton PD, e.g. our old "friend" Daniel Harless.

With all due respect, there isn't anything in any of these videos that show what kind of person Officer Vogel is at his job.

-J-

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I can't believe that guy used the slide stop lever on that reload. Doesn't he know anything about "commonality"? And his fine motor skills would never be able to accomplish that in a real gunfight. Silly gamers trying to be tactical, who the heck is this Vogel poser anyway?

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Talented...and I know he is tremendously skilled and well versed...but man that range doesn't look like it has quite the backstop I would prefer, especially with what appears to be a house in the background. I realize it is probably a long way off and the berm is higher than it appears...but still. I am a little paranoid about those things.

Am I missing something?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Talented...and I know he is tremendously skilled and well versed...but man that range doesn't look like it has quite the backstop I would prefer, especially with what appears to be a house in the background. I realize it is probably a long way off and the berm is higher than it appears...but still. I am a little paranoid about those things.

Am I missing something?

All reasonable questions. We'd have to ask him to know.

Given what I (we) know of him, I doubt if he's shooting on an unsafe range. I'm inclined to believe that the video angles don't give us an accurate impression of the facility.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    All reasonable questions. We'd have to ask him to know.

Given what I (we) know of him, I doubt if he's shooting on an unsafe range. I'm inclined to believe that the video angles don't give us an accurate impression of the facility.

No argument here....as I mentioned, without knowing him personally his reputation is beyond solid and I know he is highly regarded. I suppose the questions were a bit rhetorical in nature, knowing that appearances may not be as they seem, but observing as they appeared.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No argument here....as I mentioned, without knowing him personally his reputation is beyond solid and I know he is highly regarded. I suppose the questions were a bit rhetorical in nature, knowing that appearances may not be as they seem, but observing as they appeared.

It never hurts to ask!

Well, sometimes it does (when the people being questioned don't like being questioned, usually for a good reason). Heh.

Top Bottom