• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    [video=youtube;JTKTfUHfeKM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTKTfUHfeKM[/video]

In order to ensure our safety, the police...

• Raid a peaceful cannabis dispensary with guns drawn and masks on
    • Tear down surveillance cameras
    • Joke about kicking an elderly amputee in the 'f***ing nub'
    • Partake in marijuana-laced food
    • Play darts

What say you, drug warriors?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It was brave of him to eat those pot brownies so that no innocent victims could be harmed by them.

"Sure wouldn't want these to fall in the wrong hands! Omnomnomnom"

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Even without the foul mouthed threats, consumption of evidence, destruction of surveillance cameras, and pointing weapons at customers, it is still despicable. This doesn't happen in a free society.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    At the risk of being a broken record... waste of tax dollars. How, exactly, is this creating jobs?

Well there are SWAT team members, detectives, and the department bureaucrats. There are paid informants and undercover operatives. There are evidence handlers and surveillance teams. There are judges and all their staff. There are prosecutors and their staff. There are defense attorneys representing the arrestees. There are lawyers that represent the police in civil rights lawsuits. There are jail guards and prison guards. There's the industry that outfits cops with ski masks and tacticool gear. There are all sorts of lobbyists, bureaucrats, and paper-pushers. Somebody's got to build those prisons too.

Its practically impossible to find anything "Made In America" anymore, but the injustice industry has plenty of jobs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you ask people to do ridiculous things, I guess you should expect them to act ridiculous while they do it sometimes.

Even without the foul mouthed threats, consumption of evidence, destruction of surveillance cameras, and pointing weapons at customers, it is still despicable. This doesn't happen in a free society.

Happens in one form or another in our society, all the time.
    "free" has little to do with it. This happens because of corruption. I think it would be more intellectually honest to acknowledge a couple of things.

Corruption happens in EVERY large society, "free" or not.

It is more a function of corruption than system of government. Though the form of government can encourage or dissuade corruption more or less.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "free" has little to do with it. This happens because of corruption. I think it would be more intellectually honest to acknowledge a couple of things.

Corruption happens in EVERY large society, "free" or not.

It is more a function of corruption than system of government. Though the form of government can encourage or dissuade corruption more or less.

Corruption is a cop eating the brownies he came to confiscate, while 2 dozen cops look the other way. There was an abuse of legal authority. Yes, corruption happens everywhere.

My point was that even if all the corruption disappeared, and every cop behaved honestly and upheld the applicable prohibition laws -- even then -- this sort of raid is abhorrent and incompatible with a free society. The very premise of the law here is disgusting, that people can be deprived of the free use of their own property; that people can be deprived of their ability to pursue happiness.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Seems pretty cut and dry, Santa Ana should be hiring soon.

Do you honestly think anyone's going to actually be fired over this? I would be very surprised.

Phylodog thinks so. And honestly, I've seen departments lose officers over less.

What I was getting at, though, was that that's where jobs are being created.... on the police force, to go do these things.

And yes, I think the war on some drugs is long past overstaying its welcome. The 21st Amendment followed the 18th by a mere 14 years. Took us longer to realize what was wrong on this one... For many reasons.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Bunch of ****in' heroes! But hey at least they made it home safe that night!!:noway::noway:

It kind of reminds me of Tommy Lee Jones line in the opening scene of MIB, "Now go out and protect us from those scary aliens!!"

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Bunch of ****in' heroes! But hey at least they made it home safe that night!!:noway::noway:

It kind of reminds me of Tommy Lee Jones line in the opening scene of MIB, "Now go out and protect us from those scary aliens!!"
    Please don't mix my " Going home safely" with these jackholes. My friends on late shift went home safe this morning after shooting a guy who was trying to kill his ex girlfriend. Our top priority is going home to our family. The caveat being "within the law". We get home safely by following the law and good officer safety. This phrase gets used here like it's a dirty word. It is not.

Top Bottom