• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My old Uniden used to be the cats meow. Never left home without it. When I lived in town it saved me from traffic problems and armed bad guys all the time. Now that I don't live in town it isn't so much of a thing. I still have it and it is great for when bad weather kicks up. It has noa weather and can scan ham freq with it. Can program county plow truck drivers into it and see how road conditions are. Sporting events are great too. I take it to the race track and can hear drivers talking to the pit crew. Also picked up pilots at an air show. Nice to know whats going on around you especially before the masses do.

As far as police channels go I don't hear much anymore. Then again I moved to a much smaller town and live outside of town. I think the system works differently now and my unit is outdated. Didn't realize it was illegal to carry one hear. Its often in my go bag especially while traveling. Thinking of getting into ham stuff and learning more about radios. I used to really enjoy listening while hanging out around the house and working in the garage. Great tool to have.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have an app on my phone. I like to listen before i go on shift so i know if there is anything going on in or near town. Also before i was i popo ( like 8 or so months ago) if i called the police, fire, or ems i could hear how they are responding. Had the police receive the wrong info and i was able to call and correct it because i heard it on the radio.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Don't your cops cover their faces also?

Yes.
    Some anti-terrorist units do.It's illegal to show their faces even if they don't hide them.
    Journalists have to blur their faces if they are seen not wearing balaclavas.
    Also illegal to reveal their names.

Part-PAR-Par8335353-1-1-0.jpg

Detectives who work on terrorism, or organized crime related crimes also cover their faces.

2015-635834633451007224-100.jpg

But the regular cops on patrol don't cover their faces, it can even be illegal to do so.
    Cops from those special units also remove their ID number that regular cops have to wear.

police-le-retour-du-matricule-passe-mal.jpg

Top Bottom