• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Police Plan Summer Crackdown On Illegal Guns - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

really?? I think that I kinda understand what they are trying to say here. I just think that it should have been worded differently.

I'm not sure I understand what they are trying to say.

"But police also stress that guns, illegal or not, in the hands of those without criminal intent can prove just as dangerous."

This is just a ridiculous statement. Let's substitute the word car, bicycle, baseball bat, or lollipop for the word gun. Do you still understand what they are trying to say?

I like how they also use the generic term, police, as it's easy to attribute a poorly worded quote to no one specific.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    well i think what they are trying to say here is that kids playing with guns could be just as dangerous. The story they give below the statement kinda points it in that direction. But i totally agree that this statement just puts more fear in the sheeples minds.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    it's easy to see what it says, even people who legally own guns, and have no criminal intent, are a danger to themselves, others, and the very fabric of time itself

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Don't be too surprised here guys. This is the kind of crap the media tosses around all the time. It does not surprise me in the least.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The cops? The cops are going to educate ME about gun safety? The same cops who I saw put an entire neighborhood in jeopardy?

The same cops that waved a pistol at joggers, bikers and moms with baby strollers? The cops who half maybe half the firearms training I do? The same cops that pointed a 1911 at my leg while fingering my 1911 like an ape from 2001 outside a coffee shop in Broad Ripple?

My employees dare to open their mouths about how dangerous I can be?

Is it not us who should educate the police over nonsense such as this?

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    But police also stress that guns, illegal or not, in the hands of those without criminal intent can prove just as dangerous
    But police also stress that "cars", illegal or not, in the hands of those without criminal intent can prove just as dangerous.

You could insert almost any word or device you want in the latter quote. What's their point?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Just watched a police officer on Cops take a gun from a guy, (friendly cooperative guy too, at that,) and then proceed to sweep the camera man with it WITH HIS FINGER ON THE TRIGGER before he even took a single glance at it. Turned out to be loaded later.

I'm sure THAT episode wouldn't have made the air if anything had happened....we'd have seen it on the news. "Cops camera man shot by cops today while filming an episode of Cops."

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wish they would crack down on criminals and not the tools they use, but that doesn't play to the crying cowering huddled masses.

USMC1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Money well spent
    1st. some type of safe storage always protect the kids from themselves for less than $40.00
    http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe..._with_Combination_Lock&aID=510L1&merchID=4006 GunVault Nano Vault 300 with Combination Lock
    $39.99
    2nd best gun you can afford, usually $400-$800
    3rd good holster what grips the gun to prohibit accidental loss. usually over $50 but less than $200
    I had a friend who bought the safe first, he loves his children, but knows kids will be kids. I think it is a good idea to set priorities.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Don't forget that cops accidentally shoot each other quite often. They also raid the wrong address all the time and suffer no consequences at all, most of the time. Some of them think they are above the law and that they are gods. The FBI fabricates evidence and commits perjury.
    And we are supposed to respect them? Respect is earned by actions and a reputation for always doing the right thing, and treating others with respect. In all too many cases, their actions are abhorrent and earn the opposite of respect! Contempt comes to mind as fitting the current situation in our society.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    Police officers are required to carry and use a gun as part of their job. I recently asked 2 police officers and a Brinks security officer about the guns they carry, their opinions of such, etc. One of them happily answered my questions and gave his opinions and affectionately referred to himself as a "gun guy". The other two were mostly ignorant, and disinterested in talking about their guns at all. One of the two said he only shoots his once a year when required for his job and "it helps to know the guy giving the test." He also quickly admitted to being "not a gun guy." Handling, firing , cleaning, studying, and testing with guns is not an officers primary job or area of interest.

That's where we differ. We are gun enthusiasts. We love to handle, fire, clean, and study guns (legally of course). Guns themselves are no more useful or deadly than anything else, but can be handed dangerously or in other manner to harm, maim or kill someone accidentally or on purpose. Therefore we are also extremely vigilant to handle them carefully and treat them with respect. To suggest that anyone with a gun besides the police is dangerous is complete lunacy. You want to know how to properly handle and shoot a gun safely? Locate an enthusiast, or better yet, a qualified NRA instructor. Not all gun owners are NRA members, and not all NRA members own guns, but I would be curious to find out how many NRA members have committed a gun related crime and/or had their kids take their unsecured gun to school or accidentally shoot a friend.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Poorly written article that leaves much open to interpretation. I'd like to know the writers definition of "illegal guns"

Maybe I should say get the "illegal people" off the street then there would be no discussion on guns.

cablelover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    I think they blocked the gun ban law, so they want to keep conditioning the public that guns are "scary". IMO
    Gun Bans = Higher crime rates, Proven in chicago and new york, amongst other countries all over the world.
    Its nothing new, I listen to Indys Police radio all the time and hear them calling in LTCH and serial numbers.

Top Bottom