• ...and so much more!
  • AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    <<< snip >>>

"Police will only search cars if they observe the presence of guns or drugs, officials said. Anyone who does not cooperate will be arrested."
    Didn't we try something like that called random pull overs for drunk driving/seat belts. And wasn't that killed by the courts?
    Well, how in the world are the police going to observe the presence of guns or drugs without searching? Do they really expect folks to drive up with a handgun on the dashboard and potted marijuana plants in the back seat?
    In a word, yes. I can believe some are stupid enough to do that.

medicman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Brown County
    Didn't we try something like that called random pull overs for drunk driving/seat belts. And wasn't that killed by the courts?

Nope, the Supreme Court said that is okey dokey. They just had a drunk driving checkpoint in Columbus a couple of weeks ago.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    This country is in serious trouble and it is only going to get worse. The elections that are coming up scare me to death. No matter which way it goes we are going to find ourselves on an ever more slippery slope as a nation.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    This country is in serious trouble and it is only going to get worse. The elections that are coming up scare me to death. No matter which way it goes we are going to find ourselves on an ever more slippery slope as a nation.

As I had told my friends and co-workers: This is the first time in my life that I was really worried (read:frightened) about who was running and the outcome. I see dark skys ahead, no matter who gets it.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    D.D. checkpoints are legal, and (I don't know if it's the same everywhere) but they do not have to pull everyone over. When I was in High School they had checkpoints on certain streets every weekend, and they would pull over every 3rd car.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    D.D. checkpoints are legal, and (I don't know if it's the same everywhere) but they do not have to pull everyone over. When I was in High School they had checkpoints on certain streets every weekend, and they would pull over every 3rd car.

That's decided in advance, though, rather than them "profiling", ie pulling over only cars with a young driver or suchlike. With a "stop every third car", you have a 2:3 chance of getting through without being stopped, no matter who you are. Of course, if you're weaving in and out of your lane and stink of alcohol as you pull up, they're going to cite PC and grab you no matter what number you are.

Blessings,
    B

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    That's decided in advance, though, rather than them "profiling", ie pulling over only cars with a young driver or suchlike. With a "stop every third car", you have a 2:3 chance of getting through without being stopped, no matter who you are. Of course, if you're weaving in and out of your lane and stink of alcohol as you pull up, they're going to cite PC and grab you no matter what number you are.

Blessings,
    B

I'd rather be "Profiled" than the random Victim of Fate :do2: but that's just Me ;)

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I just don't understand how this city can be so rampant with crime. This is where our "lawmakers" go to work. If you, lets say, work as a plumber. Wouldn't you know what types of pipes work and don't? I mean, how blind do you have to be? In the plumber case, it would be dripping water everywhere and still not change anything.

I guess I just don't understand.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here's another really scary part... such an unbiased and constitutionally informed individual, that attorney general

"The constitutionality of the NSZ initiative has been reviewed by the D.C. Office of the Attorney General."

Too bad the ACLU won't go fry their hide! but oh, I forgot, they only care about ammendments 1,3,4,5... not 2!

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Well, looks like the checkpoints didn't go so well...

The Raw Story | DC cops abandon checkpoints after night of violence

:lmfao:I'm sorry, but I think this is SO funny! (NO, not the part where people in another part of the city were harmed!)
    But, the part where they "targeted" one area of the city, and there was mass violence in another part.

(Reminds me of the time I had a wood spider in my other home. I tried to "swat" it with my ex-husband's shoe. There was no evidence that I had hit it - on the floor, or the shoe. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw it - unharmed. Tried again, it hopped out of the way, tried again - it jumped at me! :runaway: :dunno: I ran! :rolleyesedit: :lmfao:

The moral of the story is: it wasn't where I "swatted".

Top Bottom